Talk

Advanced search

Am I pregnant?!

(5 Posts)
babybrooks2b Fri 03-Jun-11 12:59:07

Hi everyone

Only my second time on here so apologies in advance!

DH and I have been ttc for around 7 months now with no luck. My period was due on Weds this week so I'm now two days late. Not being able to wait I done a 10 IU/L (which I believe is very sensitive?) home pregnancy test first thing this morning and within 5 mins had a very faint positive line that was the same width as the test line only much lighter.

Does this mean I am pregnant?! I had the same kind of results with ovulation sticks, never a dark line just light ones...

Any help/info would really be appreciated :-)

Lisa x

BriansMum Fri 03-Jun-11 13:05:10

It is (as far as I know!) impossible to get a false positive as you would have to have hcg on your urine for it to be positive smile.

I would (if you can) wait a couple of days and test again, and maybe use one of the digital ones which are much easier to read.

Hopefully you'll get the result you want! smile

scarlettsmummy2 Fri 03-Jun-11 13:10:45

I had the same thing on the actual day my period was due, and I am pregnant, six weeks yesterday. It is unlikely the test is wrong, and if it was why have you not got your period?

babybrooks2b Fri 03-Jun-11 13:26:34

Thank you BriansMum & scarlettsmummy2!! I think we'll do another test in a day or two and keep all our fingers and toes crossed for 'another' positive!

smile

Imnotaslimjim Fri 03-Jun-11 18:12:39

Well they do say that a line is a line is a line. Have a google for faint HCG result and compare it. For DS, it was actually darker than the control line. DD never got much darker than an evap line but I was deffo pg. Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now