Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

"Am I, aren't I?" rant

(24 Posts)
MockCroc Thu 02-Jun-11 12:00:10

I am new to all of this. I've only just discovered what TTC means! Anyway, my husband and I did TTC for the first time this month. I think ovulation was around 24th May and was pretty pessimistic about our chances for the first time (we're not spring chickens). Then, on 31 May I suddenly had painful constipation (TMI I know), a painful abdomen, bloating, wind and generally felt rubbish. This then converted to the opposite symptoms of an upset stomach the following day. These more dramatic symptoms have now stopped, although I have continued to feel a bit "off" over the last few days, mostly now with bloating, some wind, indigestion and not really fancying food. I hadn't realised before googling these things curiously (a) that you can potentially have symptoms very soon after conception and (b) that symptoms aren't restricted to the obviously pregnancy related symptoms of vomitting and sore boobs in books and hollywood films. It is driving me DOTTY that I might just have a touch of gastritis (although I feel constitutionally quite well), or it might have worked. My husband keeps asking me if I feel "diffferent". What I'm finding frustrating is that the symptoms I have are not "different" in that I have had all of the above before from time to time. Just usually not all together, lasting this long or without some obvious dietary blip that can explain them. I'm not due until 9th / 10th June: another whole WEEK!!! Arghhh! I suppose I am just finding it a bit lonely because I can't talk to anyone else about it because I'll feel silly if it's a false alarm and, although my husband is lovely and supportive, it is difficult for him to understand and I feel quite responsible because it is my body and me who is meant to be interpreting it. Or overthinking. Or creating psychosomatic symptoms. Or simply wishing gastritis into something MUCH more exciting. Or whatever it is that is going on. And it looks like some of you might understand all of the ranting above...

babycarmen Thu 02-Jun-11 12:08:01

I ovulated on the 25th and am due on the 8th. The waiting is a nightmare i know, ive had what could be 'symptoms' (bloating, cramps, dizziness, nausea) but at the end of the day theres no way to tell until its time to pee on a stick sad This is my 3rd month trying and its driving me batty.
fingers crossed for you! smile

ShoeJunkie Thu 02-Jun-11 12:35:54

I was just about to start a thread saying the same thing!
DH and I are in our second month of TTC - every little twinge makes me think could this be it? Arrgghh! I'm not due until the 14th.
I'm really hoping I'll get pregnant calm down soon because otherwise I'm going to drive myself insane.
Rant over!

ShoeJunkie Thu 02-Jun-11 12:37:20

Also wanted to say good luck babycarmen and MockCroc!

MockCroc Thu 02-Jun-11 13:02:09

Thank you ladies! Whilst I feel for anyone in the same agony of speculation it is nice to see that I am not completely nutso for feeling this way! Good luck to both of you. At least the weekend will be here soon and we can try and distract ourselves with nice things.

babycarmen Thu 02-Jun-11 13:05:48

Thankyou smile

danceswiththedaffodils Thu 02-Jun-11 14:55:25

Know exactly what you mean.

DH and I have been TTC since December, but as I work away on a 4 weeks on 3 weeks off rotation we’ve only really had 2 months of TTC. So if not seeing my husband for most of the time while TTC isn’t bad enough this month, as we managed to be in the same country at the right time, I’ve been getting excited driving myself insane because like you I’ve had cramps round about the time of implant (is that the right phrase??), but this could have been a stupid stomach bug as well.

I’m due on Saturday but as I’m stuck out in the middle of bloody no where I’ve had no one to talk and it’s starting to drive me mad, the waiting is sooooooo long. Can’t even POAS as didn’t have time to go and buy a pack before I left and the nearest shop that might sell them is about an hours flight away sad.

Just want to know one way or another, don’t think I’d get a BFP this month but still keep hoping and every slight twinge makes me think ooooh is that a symptom when really I’ve probably just had too much sun, not drank enough water, eaten something dodge. Aaarrrrggghhhh. Haven’t mentioned anything to DH because don’t want get his hopes up.

And to make matters worse today is my birthday and I’ve had a text from my brother, my mum, my inlaws, even my boss and my secretary (which is all lovely) but not my husband sad the one person I really want to talk to. I know he’s in meeting all day today so hopefully he’ll get in touch later.
Rant over.
grin

modernvickyp Thu 02-Jun-11 15:07:40

We have been TTC half heartedly for a while - well I came off contraception a while ago but DH only just on board! Seriously trying for a few months and think I had chemical preganancy in April.

We DTD this month at the right time and AF due today/tomorrow. So, here I sit at work, slowly driving myself round the bend trying not to imagind symptoms. Have sore boobs and feel a bit off but realistically these are just signs that AF is round the corner! Still felt compelled to POAS this morning - BFN as you would expect - what a wally!!!

Get a grip!!

ShaggingWithIntent Thu 02-Jun-11 15:37:43

modernvickyp - I too have POAS for the last 2 days - both resulting in BFNs.
AF due tomorrow (ish) and all I do is stare at my FF chart trying to see a sign that I am going to get a BFP at some point in the next few days.

It's only our 2nd month of trying and DH spends weeknights in a diferenent city for work so there was a mad dash to see him on the day I OVd!! (romantic huh?!)

I can see that this is going to drive me insane!

kat2504 Thu 02-Jun-11 16:31:28

A little tip - apparently the day of ovulation may be just a bit too late and the actual prime time is the day before. worth bearing in mind if you can only get to do it once.

ShaggingWithIntent Thu 02-Jun-11 16:44:38

Sadly my cycles are a bit haywire and so I have to wait for a positive OPK and then drive to see DH that night!!! If this month hasn't been successful let's hope that next months we are together in my fertile window!!!

ShoeJunkie Thu 02-Jun-11 18:35:17

Crossing my fingers for everyone!
Keep us posted ladies smile

MockCroc Thu 02-Jun-11 19:22:01

And happy birthday danceswithdaffodils. I can see why you're a bit down and I hope you've heard from your DH (I'm learning the lingo!!) by now. It's my birthday tomorrow funnily enough. Fingers crossed we both (and everyone else too!) get the present we would like smile. In the meantime I think I might use my state of unknowingness as an excuse to continue to enjoy a glass of wine!

danceswiththedaffodils Fri 03-Jun-11 01:08:30

Thanks MockCroc got a lovely text from DH and even manged phone call which was just perfect smile.

Happy birthday for tomorrow, hope you have a wonderful day, and as you say fx (think that's the righ abbriviation!) we get the present we'd like.

Good luck and have a wine for me!

modernvickyp Sun 05-Jun-11 09:53:57

Hey MockCroc Happy Birthday for yesterday - any special gifts?! Apologies for belatedness of post have been trying to get on with things!

Shagging any news yet? I know exactly what you mean DH is already convinced that I am only interested in him for his sperm!

So, things here haven't really changed - AF now 2-3 days late and no sign of her. Bubles are sore which I normally get with AF but they have been this way for the best part of a week and didn't get this at all when had chemical. Also having sweating at night and difficulty sleeping - being new to the game I have NO idea what this means! Therefore POAcheapS this morning (well two if I'm honest!) and got BFN each time.

Had a couple of beers at the pub on Friday (and a glass of wine with dinner), but yesterday treated myself to a 0.5% ABV bottle of spritzer!!

Good grief - amazing how obsessed I have become! Will stop waffling and go check pants agai get on with my day.

ShoeJunkie Sun 05-Jun-11 10:56:27

I have also been drinking wine this weekend grin to try and prove to myself that I'm not obsessing.

AF isn't due until the 14th so I may well have gone mad by then!

Keep us all posted with the POAS adventures!

happydaysahead Sun 05-Jun-11 13:21:10

Hello - I'm in a similiar situation, af due on Friday 10th and convincing myself I feel sick and have metallic taste, poas this morning and bfn but think I am way too early to test anyway - just want to forward the next few days and find out!!!

MockCroc Sun 05-Jun-11 18:38:01

I gave in and POAS today too. AF either 9th / 10th (was on honeymoon last month so a bit vague on dates). BFN too. And all the "symptoms" I had when I started this ranty thread four days ago have GONE and I feel right as rain. Now a bit miserable. Argh! angry = wine!

MockCroc Sun 05-Jun-11 18:40:13

ps thanks dances and modernvicky for the birthday wishes.

happydaysahead Mon 06-Jun-11 09:35:21

Bad luck mockcrock another bfn for me this morning. Hope is dwindling as I get closer to af being due, thinking I imagined my symptons!

ShoeJunkie Mon 06-Jun-11 10:53:38

I feel rubbish this morning but I think that's more a Monday morning thing.

modernvickyp Mon 06-Jun-11 12:13:11

AF caught me last night - should have been expecting her as sitcks had given me a BFN but she was late!! So, now wondering what the hell the symptoms were all about - I am not imagining that my bubles are sore! Ate like an animal over the weekend - but have a feeling that this is more to do with the fact that I am a greedy pig rahter than being updiffed.

Feeling rather peeved this morning about the whole thing. Ah well, onwards and upwards. Fx for those still waiting!

happydaysahead Mon 06-Jun-11 16:15:42

I'm out - af just got me, fc for the rest of you x

thegauntlet Sat 11-Jun-11 22:01:26

Can I join? CD 25, going mental. Almost certainly ov day 16, cramping from 6dpo and have been having some brown/blood stained CM for the last 3 days. no sign of AF.Not expecting her until day 30 really... unusual or possibly implantation bleed if that even exists?. Going bonkers. have had lots of acupuncture this month, including day prior to OV.

ALSO Got verbally offered an awesome job starting in 3 months time.. phone interview yesterday, which has made me go further mad; as if I am ( ? justmesseditupbysayingit) I will be getting paperwork sorted out for new job in next month.... hummm... whatif whatif whatif! doesnt it just drive you to insanity?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: