Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Is it too early to poas??!! Please help

(5 Posts)
Hootie Wed 01-Jun-11 23:02:47

i have a short luteal phase of 10 days. I'm now on 11 dpo so I'm officially late, but still 4 days off a 'normal' luteal length. Is it early enough for me to poas as my period is late? Or do I need to wait more? I'm in Australia so it's morning here now!

Gardenpixie Wed 01-Jun-11 23:14:46

Hi hootie it really depends on when implantation happened, you might find that a sensitive test would pick up a pg now but the confused thing is that a negative isn't definitive this early on.

Presumably though if you have a little bean who is producing enough hcg to stop your period then you may well get a bfp from a test.

Sorry not to be of more help ... Am sending good luck vibes from London! grin

Hootie Thu 02-Jun-11 00:24:35

That's what I was hoping! Although I've got stomach cramps now so it's probably game over this month but I'll let you know, thanks for the vibes from London smile

Hootie Thu 02-Jun-11 13:49:54

No good af caught up with me today sad

kat2504 Thu 02-Jun-11 13:53:32

Sorry to hear that sad Better luck next month
For future reference with tests, it isn't really about how late your period is or when it is due. It is about how many days past ovulation you are. 10 dpo (ie when your period is normally due) is very early for a test. 12dpo is the earliest I would recommend testing (if only I listened to my own advice I would save tons of cash!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: