Talk

Advanced search

Cerazette poll: how long after stopping did you conceive?

(94 Posts)
singwhenyourwinning Tue 31-May-11 21:35:04

I know there's loads of horror stories but some people say it only took 2 weeks to conceive after stopping. I want to get pg asap after stopping - whats the average time?

Nicolalmartin Fri 18-Nov-16 09:45:47

I stopped taking cerrelle pill on 2nd of october and not had a period yet im trying for a baby but not got cort yet can any one give me some advice plz

Flanderspigeonmurderer Wed 20-Apr-16 17:15:48

I think I had two periods then conceived on the first try. Hope that helps!

Loisk35 Wed 20-Apr-16 17:12:48

Thanks guys I hope I get my bfp over the next few months,

lanbro Wed 20-Apr-16 16:35:55

Another one for less than 2 weeks without any period

underrugsswept Wed 20-Apr-16 16:33:22

My second BFP took 5 months and I didn't go back on the pill between them so I don't think you can necessarily point the finger at Cerezette TBH.

Junosmum Wed 20-Apr-16 16:31:11

I stopped in March, had a period 14th April (exactly 28 days after stopping and got a bfp on 11th May. The first month off the pill we didn't try.

Loisk35 Wed 20-Apr-16 14:44:02

Thanks guys this is really helpful my age is not on my side I'm 35, feeling really down about it, got pregnant on my first attempt with my first child this time it's taking longer,

Onsera3 Wed 20-Apr-16 14:11:29

I started taking it while BF and my periods hadn't come back. But I was having cyclical pain so took it.

I only took it for about 6 weeks (affected my bad pelvic floor) and it took 6 months for the cyclical pain to come back- with my period arriving soon after.

So I think it really impacted my return to periods/fertility.

lavenderdoilly Wed 20-Apr-16 14:07:22

A month - I'm an old codger as well.

underrugsswept Wed 20-Apr-16 14:06:07

I stopped taking it 6 months before TTC and got pregnant on my first cycle.

Loisk35 Wed 20-Apr-16 10:14:58

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has been on cerazette for a long time and now trying ttc? I was on the pill for about 6 years after my daughter was born, since then I've remarried and wanted to try for baby number 2, ive been off the pill for about 3 months and so far nothing, also my monthly cycle is messed up I was 5 days early this month, any advice would be welcome

Rhialouise1 Tue 24-Feb-15 15:42:05

Hi ladies new to this kinda thing but after reading all ur comments thought I would give it a go
Been on cerazette a very long time came off it roughly 8/9 weeks ago 3 s
Days later got my period lasting 5days ( or so I thought after a nurse today told me it probably wasn't ) havnt bled since but if it was I'm 14 days late.
Stomach is swollen extremely tired breast a little tender
Also did a hpt 4 days ago which was negative ?? Slightly confused.....
Good luck and we'll wishes to u all
Vicki xx

littlemiss06 Wed 18-Feb-15 09:06:11

I was on cerazette about 10 years, stopped taking it first of jan 2015, had spotting for three days on 22nd then full period 28 days later so seems my body is back to normal pretty quick

NorthernChinchilla Wed 18-Feb-15 07:54:16

Stopped Cerazette, had one period, then got pregnant on both times of trying. Current 6ish weeks with no.2.

Haveheart Tue 17-Feb-15 08:09:26

I was on Cerazette for ten years. Came off mid December, had a period mid January and I'm now 5 weeks pregnant!

Flambola Mon 16-Feb-15 17:07:47

It took me about 14 months.

Number3cometome Mon 16-Feb-15 10:53:17

Was on Cerazette for 7 years, came off July, pregnant October.
Amazing considering DS took over a year, and DD 4 years to conceive.

Lisalally1983 Sun 15-Feb-15 09:58:13

I was on Cerazette for 4 years (taking double doses for 2 of those years as I was overweight) and came off it the first week in November (2014). I got my first period on Christmas Eve and got my positive test on Valentine's Day!

mrsdos Tue 09-Dec-14 13:03:52

Hi Virtual, how lucky to have had AF so soon! I stopped taking cerazette in Oct after 7(ish) years with only 4 or so periods in that time. I have had no withdrawal bleed, nothing! Did a CB Ov test last week as had ewcm which was positive so just have to wait and see now...! Like you, I wish I had known what would happen when I stopped instead of thinking it was brilliant not having AF while taking it!

virtualrach Tue 09-Dec-14 10:20:21

I came off cerazette 17th Sept (after having been on it about 5 years, with no periods). Had a period 3.5 weeks later, and then another bang on 28 days later (in Nov), so was feeling v pleased with my body! Just had first month ttc in Nov. If my cycle was 28 days, then I am now 3 days late (but bfn on tests), so I don't know what's going on!? Maybe I didn't ovulate, maybe I'm not regular, maybe it is taking me longer to get back to normal after all... All very frustrating. I don't think if I was doing it all over again I'd taken any form of hormonal contraception. It screws with your body too much!

WantingToBeLuckyLaura Wed 19-Nov-14 15:08:44

Hi Ladies, Just came across this poll while doing some more research.. just for a change!

I officially came off Cerazette on 3rd November this year not so long ago and missed pills on 31st and 1st November...

The first week off Cerazette was hurrendous!! hormones alert!! so far things seem to have settled down but I'm convinced I'm pregnant now! or my body is at least...

+ bloating
+ gas
+ cant lay on my stomach at night anymore
+ Tired
+ had cramps in the first to second week including down the left hand side, now I'm left with little twinges
+ joints ache
+ back ache!!
+ head ache
+ slight abdominal cramping

*note the ache ache ache! haha *

I've not had a withdrawl bleed, I've not had any spotting or bleeding at all to be honest!

Just noticed there is a potentially pink mark in the lining of my underwear.. but could just be my eyes haha

I've noted from research NHS advises to test 3 weeks after unprotected intercourse, so for me, that would mean sometime next week... or if i can wait.. the week after.. to which I would then be 5-6 weeks... should i get a bfp..

However, I couldnt wait.. I was convinced the first week dont ask me why obv bfn... took a test this monday.... bfn.. so now I'm waiting... (she says!!)

Today I have terrible headaches, increased temp, bloating and it feels like I am constantly releasing something.. possibly cm.. who knows!

Either way, it's all driving me bonkers! I want my BFP!! NOW!!

Lots of sticky baby dust ladies! smile

L xx

Me624 Tue 28-Oct-14 21:36:32

I came off cerazette at the end of feb. My periods had stopped completely and it was two months before I had the first one after stopping, counting from then I'm now on cycle 7 and not got my bfp yet but still trying!

sarahlou20 Tue 28-Oct-14 16:29:33

Thanks Sweets. I'm sure it was just one of those things and I hope I haven't worried you too much. MC is unfortunately very very common and I'm sure if you were to research into the instances of it after any contraceptive pill you'd find the same thing.

Yes, I'm TTC again. Am in the two week wait at the moment and am aiming to do a test on Mon or Tues as I'm having some very promising signs smile. All the very best when you TTC in the new year too. x

Sweets27 Tue 28-Oct-14 16:06:45

Really sorry to hear that, sarahlou. I'm a bit worried after hearing a lot of stories about MCs after comingo ff Cerazette, but I hope it was just an anomaly for you. Are you TTC again now? Best of luck!

sarahlou20 Tue 28-Oct-14 15:57:18

Hi Emmlou81 and Sweets - Yes, I was on Cerazette for three years from March 2011 until March 2014. I didn't have any periods while I was on it and then fell pregnant pretty quickly in April before AF arrived but unfortunately I had a MMC at 9 weeks (the pregnancy only measured 6 weeks).

I would definitely recommend coming off the pill for a couple of months before TTC to let your hormone levels settle down to normal. I don't know if that had anything to do with my MC and it was probably just bad luck really, but in a way I wish I'd had a couple of normal cycles first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now