Talk

Advanced search

Anyone obsessing that it's not going to happen?

(7 Posts)
itsohsoquiet Tue 31-May-11 16:58:56

This is only my second month of trying and I promised myself I wouldn't be one of these women who obsesses about it and lets it take over their life.

However it is all I think about, every minute of every day and I know these things can take time but I'm convinced it won't happen.

It doesn't help that DP is Asian and was taught absolutely nothing about conception at school. He seemed to think you could have unprotected sex once or twice and nine months later you have a baby grin which is kind of funny but it's all added pressure I don't need

eurochick Tue 31-May-11 17:24:32

Not really obsessing but I do think it won't happen without help. We gave up contraception a couple of years ago and gradually got more and more careless and have been properly trying since the beginning of the year. 6 cycles of perfectly timed swi later and nada.

PiggyMad Tue 31-May-11 17:52:04

Me too - am only on the third month of trying, but a bit disheartened that have timed it (supposedly) spot on with the use of my Persona. My fear has been heightened by a friend who is currently going through fertility treatment. I know it can take a while and anything up to a year is considered 'normal', but I am starting to think of worst-case scenarios!

minipie Tue 31-May-11 18:01:36

Oh yes. In fact I'm obsessing about not obessessing, if that makes any sense. Am only on first month of TTC and for some reason I am also convinced it won't happen.

BTW OP my DH is exactly the same as yours - he had no idea about conception at all (not Asian but also not taught anything at school).

itsohsoquiet Tue 31-May-11 18:59:27

It's not just me then thank god.

My mum had major problems after she had me and had numerous miscarriages before my brother was born 8 years later. But she said she never had problems actually getting pregnant but with staying pregnant. So now I'm slightly paranoid that I won't be able to get pregnant at all.

Piggymad I also have a persona monitor although I haven't used it yet as we have just moved house and everything is still in boxes.

When is everyone testing? AF is due 9th of June for me.
I keep telling myself I won't test until I'm late but willprobably give in by the 7th or 8th.

poutintrout Tue 31-May-11 19:05:09

I am totally obsessed to the point of hysterical. It's the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last thing at night and throughout most of the day too.

We've been trying for over a year and I truly can't see it ever happening though that doesn't stop me getting my hopes up every damned month even though I promise myself each time that I won't.

I thought that TTC would be a really happy time in my life but largely due to my own inability to relax about it all it has actually turned out to be one of the most stressful and miserable times. If I ever get a BFP I think my biggest feeling would just be sheer relief!

sims2fan Wed 01-Jun-11 13:52:40

We started properly trying last month, and I really obsessed over symptom spotting. I started testing a day or so before my period was due, and then carried on testing every day until it came a couple of days late. I think me stressing over it made it late! This month I'm trying not to get too worked up, but the last couple of days I have been so dizzy that I am wondering if that could be a good indication? But then the other day my ear was really itchy, so I probably have some kind of inner ear thing going on which is affecting my balance.

I do worry that we won't be able to conceive without help. My husband has a really, really low sex drive. I read an article about a guy who was infertile because he had a lack of testosterone which resulted in low sex drive, being overweight etc, and he sounded so similar to my husband. I have begged him to go to the doctor to ask for his testosterone levels to be tested but he won't. Hopefully there's actually nothing wrong with him, but I can't help worrying that we won't be able to conceive a child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now