Talk

Advanced search

Stress and the 2WW!!

(28 Posts)
babycarmen Tue 31-May-11 10:29:39

Af is due on 8th June and im dreading getting another bfn. Ive got a lot of stress in my life for the next 2 weeks, im talking pretty high stress levels and me who is not very good at dealing with stress sad
Im so scared that all this stress is going to prevent me getting pg. Me and DP want this so bad ttc #2 month 3 and it already feels like its never going to happen!
So does anyone have any stress coping suggestions? My usual wine is obviously off the list! Or just come and moan about the 2ww with me? smile

LooloosMummy Tue 31-May-11 17:14:22

hi op, you could be me writing that! although my stress was last week! i don't really cope with stress too well either, and counting down the days till AF is due, literally spending all my spare time on MN trying to will implantation!! ttc #2 month 1 think the probablity of me actually getting pg first time are not good but would be amazing!
how have you been trying to pass your time?

itsohsoquiet Tue 31-May-11 17:25:11

I just started a thread along the same lines.
AF due 9th June and this is only month 2 of trying and I am convinced it is never going to happen.
When do you both plan on testing? x

LooloosMummy Tue 31-May-11 19:09:39

itsohso i have orderedFR pg tests from boots.com they will be here on thursday so i will try to hold out till 8th but i will more than likely give in and test on fri morning

babycarmen Tue 31-May-11 20:34:12

Ive also ordered FR pg tests but going to wait til the 8th to test, (probably), i promised myself id wait til the day AF is due so... :/ fx.

Ive been passing my time browsing mothercare.com and such like.. so, the worst way possible no doubt!

itsohsoquiet Tue 31-May-11 21:00:37

Snap babycarmen I spend all my time on mothercare, kiddicare, thinking how I'm going to arrange the nursery, making name lists grin
Everything that I shouldn't that will make it 10 times worse when I get my bfn next week

babycarmen Tue 31-May-11 21:13:28

Oh how we do love to punish ourselves! grin

LooloosMummy Wed 01-Jun-11 09:38:00

i'm not alone then! i keep browsing kiddicare for pushchairs and asking DH what he thinks of this and that name.
are FR tests the best ones to get? i didn't want to get a cheapie boots one incase i don't believe the result!

babycarmen Wed 01-Jun-11 13:36:00

I dont know im buying FR ones this time as i seen a few people on here say they got clear results with them. :/

sims2fan Wed 01-Jun-11 13:41:52

I don't really have any stress in my life at the moment other than trying to get pregnant, but I think that's more than stressful enough! I'm on month 2 of TTC my first child. I've wanted a child for ages but it's only in the last 3 months that my husband has come round to the idea of trying now. So last month was our first month of proper trying, and I really stressed myself out over symptom spotting. So much so that my period was a couple of days late, which means that this month I'm not even sure when it's due. If it's back to a 28 day cycle then I'm due tomorrow, otherwise not til about the 4th.

I am really trying not to obsess over it this month, mainly because due to a couple of factors we only managed to 'try' once and that was before I was likely to be fertile, and was doing quite well with not obsessing until yesterday when I woke up, leaned over to get my watch and felt really dizzy. All through the day on and off I had weird dizzy spells, and at one point had to grab hold of something or I would have fallen over. Feel the same way today. Proper dizziness, not the type you imagine you might have when desperately looking for symptoms! So now I'm thinking I possibly might be pregnant after all, so will probably be getting stressed again!

babycarmen Wed 01-Jun-11 14:47:28

Ive been really dizzy today which is not normal for me, and continued exhaustion however DP is telling me im just being paranoid because i want this so much, hes probably right :/. Its impossible not to get hopes up though! When you going to test sims2? Good luck smile

LooloosMummy Wed 01-Jun-11 14:50:55

my pg tests arrived today, now i have to hold out a whole day longer because i know i have them now!! they weren't supposed to be here 'til tomorrow. i'll just keep telling myself i won't get a correct result until friday at the very earliest! i'd like to know by sat really as i have a wedding to go to but even if i get a BFN i'll still not be drinking i don't think!

sims2 oOO sounds exciting! you could have ov'ed early maybe or something! good luck! fingers crossed for everyone still!

babycarmen Wed 01-Jun-11 16:04:42

I have some cheapy ones in the house but waiting for my FR ones to come, and promised myself i wouldnt test til 8th. Cant see that happening but we'll see smile
7dpo right now and getting slight cramping sad

I havent had a drink in sooo long but if i get a BFN this month a glass of wine is def in order!

sims2fan Wed 01-Jun-11 19:13:33

I was going to wait until the fifth to test, but now I'm thinking I might just do it tomorrow!

babycarmen Wed 01-Jun-11 19:19:55

Let us know how you get on grin fingers crossed for you!

itsohsoquiet Wed 01-Jun-11 20:58:07

good luck sims really hope it's good news for you smile

babycarmen Thu 02-Jun-11 21:35:27

sims did you test? any luck? smile

sims2fan Fri 03-Jun-11 01:43:45

Hi, yes i tested but it was negative. Also think I can feel period coming on, so don't think it will be my lucky month this time.

LooloosMummy Fri 03-Jun-11 10:40:28

sims i still have my fingers crossed for you, you never know maybe it was too early to test?! i did a test this morning, wish i hadn't BFN sad but AF isn't due until 8th so fingers crossed i tested too early, were not out until AF actually appears!

babycarmen Fri 03-Jun-11 10:48:32

I just did a test and got a faint BFP..Im in shock. Surely its too early? I dont even know when i ovulated.. Im freaking out...

LooloosMummy Fri 03-Jun-11 11:06:46

congrats babycarmen maybe if you got a very faint line it was too early for me to test (i'm still hopeful hehe) a line is a line after all so you must have HCG in your urine for it to activate the test! grin

itsohsoquiet Fri 03-Jun-11 13:25:04

babycarmen that's brilliant news, congratulations!!

Not such good news for me I'm afraid, I am sure AF is on it's way and when it arrives I am going to be devastated. It's only the second month of trying so it's to be expected but I want it so bad.

Last month I was surpisingly calm about it but I had a 'scare' in January when we weren't trying and I sobbed when the test was negative.
That's what convinced me to start trying, I didn't know my feelings were so strong until then.

babycarmen Fri 03-Jun-11 13:48:27

Thankyou soo much! I still cant believe it!! Good luck itsohsoquiet and Looloosmummy. This was my 3rd month trying so hopefully it will happen for you very soon!

itsohsoquiet Fri 03-Jun-11 13:54:37

Hopefully you will be our good luck omen grin

LooloosMummy Fri 03-Jun-11 19:22:11

we've had 2 BFP's on this thread so fingers crossed for the rest of us left to test, i hope this is a good luck thread, we're all relitivly new TTC-ers so hopefully there will be babies on there way soon! grin
congratulations baby carmen i was so excited for you earlier i forgot to say!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now