Talk

Advanced search

Aggghhh! Someone talk some sense into me!

(6 Posts)
herethereandeverywhere Sat 28-May-11 21:54:27

Feeling quite despondent about not having conceived no.2 yet, we've only been trying since January - I know, stupid isn't it? DD took 15 months to conceive and I'll be 35 in a couple of months and I'm starting to drive myself mad worrying that it'll never happen. Every month another friend who hasn't already got 2+ kids announces they're pg with their second - usually on the first month of trying.

I'm on my own this weekend so haven't got DH to give me a cuddle and talk some sense into me. So, I hope you don't mind me asking - please could say some nice things and talk me out of this.

Bexamundo Sat 28-May-11 22:21:48

Right, calm down. You'll get no platitudes from me. Ttc can be a total nightmare. Everyone else is better at it than you [in your head!] and somehow it never seems quick enough. Go and poke your head round the door of DD's and recognise her for the wonder she is. Do something that helps you chill out, e.g. I just had a bath cos I was thinking "I want a baby so much!". Have a bath, glass of wine, cuppa tea, chocolate whatever helps you.
It's not the end of the world (it just feels like it!). Hope you feel better soon.

thighslapper Sat 28-May-11 22:29:01

Dont start with me tonight, im ready for a fight!
TTC 4 years and now im an old lady of 40.......cmon, cmon if you think you are ard enuff!

Oh sorry, did you say "be nice"? Ok here i go.....

I feel your pain, its crappy isnt it. I absolutely agree about every one else around you getting pregnant with very little or no effort. Now that bothers me tons.
I have just accepted now that it isnt going to happen so all i can say is that you have got plenty of time, and no reason to believe that you wont have another baby. I wish i had a crystal ball to see intot he future to offer reassurance, instead, have a HUGE hug and a wine

chin up chuck xxx

DrGoogle Sat 28-May-11 22:49:08

I know how you feel, we've been ttc no 2 for 17 months now and I will be 40 this year. It took us nearly 2 years to conceive no 1 and when I am feeling really down I try and remember how I felt during that time and how I didn't think I would ever have a child at all.
We have now decided to just leave things to fate, but if it's not meant to be then I truly am grateful for the child that I have. You have plenty of time, you can't rush perfection wink x

herethereandeverywhere Sat 28-May-11 23:27:24

Thank you ladies thank you, just what I needed smile. DD is wonderful in every way, I'd happily just lie awake all night and listen to her breathe.

I hope you all get the baby you long for. TTC is so hard. 12 chances per year suddenly doesn't look like very much at all.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, I have treated myself to a bottle of peroni and some trashy telly.

Bexamundo Sun 29-May-11 09:14:50

Hmm especially if you don't ovulate regularly so those chances are significantlly diminished yet you still have af every month.
Glad you're feeling better smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: