Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

progesterone result

(6 Posts)
vegasmum Fri 27-May-11 15:54:33

Message withdrawn

eurochick Fri 27-May-11 16:20:00

Hi, I had my Day 21 bloods taken today so I am a few days behind you. From what I have read on here and elsewhere, most docs consider 30 as confirmation that you have ovulated (and I know some poster's gynae wanted to see 40). So I am sorry to say I think that is a bit low. But I am no expert (just an avid reader of internet info!) so see what your doc says.

Bexamundo Fri 27-May-11 16:26:55

eurochick is right (btw if you're wondering of I'm stalking you, yes I am!). 30+ confirms ovulation. Don't panic though, my GP took 3 "21 day" bloods over 3 cycles because most women have a couple of anovulatory cycles in a year. I'd keep using the opk and ask to have them taken again.(don't panic too much, my friend's was 0.5! She now has two dc smile.

vegasmum Fri 27-May-11 16:33:16

Message withdrawn

eurochick Fri 27-May-11 16:38:02

Apparently yes. Because the ov sticks just detect the hormone that surges in advance of ovulation. It doesn't mean that the egg definitely gets released.

Also, if it was 7 days after your positive opk, you were probably less than 7dpo because the hormone surge happens a day or two BEFORE ovulation. Although I was told that anywhere in a 5-7 dop window would be ok (I have just had mine done on 5dpo because for the second month running, 7dpo has fallen in the middle of a long weekend!).

emmaloupolman Fri 27-May-11 17:48:32

I am on my 4 month of clomid and the 1st month i had a blood test day 21 and came back in the 90s still not pg sad i have another blood test again in 2 weeks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: