Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to ovulate early?

(9 Posts)
MrsRyanReynolds Thu 26-May-11 14:13:20

I am only on day 6 of my cycle (still got tail end of period), but I am having ovulation type pains in my left ovary.

Is it possible that it is ovulation? What else could it be?

Last month my period was 19 days late so I don't know if that has anything to do with it confused.

(Not TTC by the way, just thought this was the best place to get info!)

eurochick Thu 26-May-11 14:54:36

Yes, it's possibel.

Most people's average time between ovulation and period is 12-16 days (there are people outside this range of course). How long is your cycle? If it was a shortish cycle, that could definitely be ov pains.

Although, I often get an ovary-twinge towards the end of my period but don't ovulate for another week or so.

MrsRyanReynolds Thu 26-May-11 15:00:39

Thanks eurochick, that's interesting.

In the past few years since having ds my cycles have been all over the place.

Used to be roughly 30 days, now range from 28 -47 days shock.

I have mentioned it to gynae when I was there about something different but they seemed nonplussed.

Think I'll book an appointment with the GP anyway just to get it checked.

eeyore12 Fri 27-May-11 21:40:42

I have been keeping an eye on my ov signs the last 3 months and they seem to be appearing between 8-10 days after period starts, so thinking I am ov on day 10-12 depending on the month seems to be 10 one month then 12 the next, glad I am keeping an eye now and a record of it as hoping to start trying towards end of the year and would of just auto tried around mid point.

Bexamundo Fri 27-May-11 21:55:39

If I ovulate (which is not regularly, being investigated for pcos) I seem to ovulate around day 10. I would ask your GP to investigate those irregular cycles if I were you!

MrsRyanReynolds Sat 28-May-11 08:42:56

That's interesting Bexamundo.

I had an ultrasound scan which came back that my ovaries were polycystic, but I understand there is a big difference between that and PCOS? The gynae was totally not bothered by it and said it was quite normal for someone my age.

I do feel that something is not quite right hormonally.

MrsRyanReynolds Sat 28-May-11 08:43:35

Got GP on Tuesday so will be there with a list of problems!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 28-May-11 08:55:38

Yes it is possible. I always trust my own instincts when TTC. If I'd stuck to the "rules" it probably wouldn't have happened for me yet as my cycle is about 33 days.

strandednomore Sat 28-May-11 08:56:38

Absolutely and dd2 is proof of it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now