Talk

Advanced search

Period or implantation bleed?

(7 Posts)
Pipbin Thu 26-May-11 11:53:38

I stopped taking the pill exactly 4 weeks ago.
As I was on Cerrezette I haven't had a period since November.
Yesterday I started spotting. It was brown and thin just like I normally get at the start of my period. I fully expected to have the full works by this morning.
However nothing happened. In fact the spotting has even stopped. We DTD 6, 10 and 15 days before the spotting.
So, period or implantation? When can I test?

Catface1984 Thu 26-May-11 18:44:25

Your body starts to produce the pregnancy hormone in amounts detectable on pregnancy tests after implantation occurs. So theoretically, if what you have experienced is implantation bleeding, your body will have started producing the hormone. You could try a first response test, but I'd wait till tomorrow morning when the urine has the highest concentration or preg hormone.

Good luck x

Pipbin Thu 26-May-11 20:53:22

Earliest I'm going for is Saturday morning. I've got a job interview tomorrow morning and I'd like to be able to say that I honestly didn't know if I do turn out to be pg.

Pipbin Fri 27-May-11 13:39:35

Got the job but only a 6 month contract. Who knows what will happen if I aam PG.

Catface1984 Fri 27-May-11 14:34:26

Hey congratulations on the job. If it turns out you are pregnant, at least you will have been able to get 6 months pay, if not I'm sure you will have fun in the meantime trying again! wink

Pipbin Fri 27-May-11 21:40:39

Right, I'm going to test tomorrow morning. Another day of spotting. After three days I would have thought I would be in full force by now.

As far as the job front goes it is a bit of a bugger as I am the breadwinner.

Pipbin Sat 28-May-11 09:14:19

Well tested and got a BFN, not suprising though because after testing I realise AF had come to stay in force.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now