Talk

Advanced search

Please could someone explain the differences between these terms/abbreviations?

(7 Posts)
Aworryingtrend Mon 16-May-11 13:15:37

This is a sensitive topic so I hope people don't mind me asking.

I see people refering to mc (miscarriage) and mmc(I think this is missed miscarriage?) and also chemical pregnancy?

Please could someone explain the differences between them? I feel a bit dense for not knowing.

HarrietJones Mon 16-May-11 13:31:09

Mmc is usually found at a scan and the baby has died but not mc and the mother needs medical help to finish the process

CP is a pregnancy which is picked up by a test but then bleeding starts. Like a v early mc. They happen more often than people know , you only realise when you are TTC and v conscious of dates.

Aworryingtrend Mon 16-May-11 13:33:11

Thank you Harriet. We have only been trying a few months and I am still getting to grips with some of the terms used.

HarrietJones Mon 16-May-11 13:36:25

I had never heard of either until TTC dd3 so don't worry about asking, people are nice here (unless you go in AIBU wink)

jofogo Sun 29-May-11 22:53:00

Sorry I'm so new to all this too! What's AIBU?

AmandaCooper Mon 30-May-11 08:09:19

I didn't know either and I've no excuse, I've been here ages. Good question and thanks for the answer!

eurochick Mon 30-May-11 11:05:40

AIBU is the Am I Being Unreasonable board, where things often get a little heated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now