Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Please could someone explain the differences between these terms/abbreviations?

(7 Posts)
Aworryingtrend Mon 16-May-11 13:15:37

This is a sensitive topic so I hope people don't mind me asking.

I see people refering to mc (miscarriage) and mmc(I think this is missed miscarriage?) and also chemical pregnancy?

Please could someone explain the differences between them? I feel a bit dense for not knowing.

HarrietJones Mon 16-May-11 13:31:09

Mmc is usually found at a scan and the baby has died but not mc and the mother needs medical help to finish the process

CP is a pregnancy which is picked up by a test but then bleeding starts. Like a v early mc. They happen more often than people know , you only realise when you are TTC and v conscious of dates.

Aworryingtrend Mon 16-May-11 13:33:11

Thank you Harriet. We have only been trying a few months and I am still getting to grips with some of the terms used.

HarrietJones Mon 16-May-11 13:36:25

I had never heard of either until TTC dd3 so don't worry about asking, people are nice here (unless you go in AIBU wink)

jofogo Sun 29-May-11 22:53:00

Sorry I'm so new to all this too! What's AIBU?

AmandaCooper Mon 30-May-11 08:09:19

I didn't know either and I've no excuse, I've been here ages. Good question and thanks for the answer!

eurochick Mon 30-May-11 11:05:40

AIBU is the Am I Being Unreasonable board, where things often get a little heated!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: