Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Anyone done IVF with donor eggs?

(5 Posts)
WantBaby Wed 20-Apr-11 12:17:35

Hi. Having been told that my anti-mullerian hormone levels are low, I've also been told that my chances of conceiving with IVF are only 5% but that if I use donor eggs my chances are more like 40%

Have you had any experience with using donor eggs? If so, how did it go?

peanuthead Tue 26-Apr-11 10:53:47

I have, twice. First time I conceived but lost the baby at 19 weeks. Second time didn't conceive. Trying to gather the finances and stamina for 3rd go. We went abroad as can't afford UK prices/wait but it's a jungle out there. I haven't looked into the ethics too much as I can't bear to. 5% sounds pretty good to me - I was told 0%. But then also told 80% with DE. Which I have never believed - 40% sounds more realistic.

It's alot easier on your body than own egg IVF; I downregulated from day 21 then took oestrogens from day 2 next cycle. Negligible side effects. Only truly awful thing was the 2ww stress.

2moggies Sun 29-May-11 08:10:35

I had a donor IVF cycle. It was physically quite easy, mentally stressful but the feeling of hope was lovely, as I have gone through early menopause so my infertiity is really obvious to me all he time. I got pregnant when I never would have done naturally. I lost the baby at 6 weeks, so wasn't pregnant long. Being pregnant then miscarrying so soon was mentally and physically exhausting, but that happens naturally to women all the time. I don't regret doing it and am hoping to try again this summer.

Good luck, it will be worth it. If you get pregnant you'll feel it is completely yours.

WantBaby Thu 09-Jun-11 17:37:47

Thanks for both your posts. Sorry to hear the outcome wasn't what you hoped for. Wishing you lots of luck in the future

WantBaby Thu 09-Jun-11 17:38:19

peanuthead - where did you go abroad?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: