Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

DH thinks babies come from a stalk...

(8 Posts)
LPO Sun 16-Jan-11 13:47:34

My DH seems to think babies appear as if by magic!
I fell pregnant with our DS (now 22m) by total accident, the best accident in the world!!! But an accident non the less.

We are now 'trying' to conceive #2, however he isn't wanting the actual sex part! Currently OV and had sex once, he has said that we don't need to do it again. Quoted me the line about loosing romance if 'have to' do it!!! And that once is all it needs.
When I tried to explain about ovulation calendars etc he looked at me as those I was totally loony!

Grrrrr!

hairyfairylights Sun 16-Jan-11 14:06:42

Be very afraid of giving tmi to your dp it creates
a lot of pressure on both of you.... It can make things very difficult. By all means chart your ov but try seducing him rather than making it all about conception.

Every other day leading up to ov is good ... But try nit to schedule it!!

thisisyesterday Sun 16-Jan-11 14:08:44

are you sure he actually wants another baby??

pettyprudence Sun 16-Jan-11 14:17:29

my dh thought that "fate" or something would decide the sex of our baby - i had to show him wikipedia to prove that he had boy sperm and girl sperm and thats how the sex if baby would be decided! our men seem to be a bit baffled by the whole conception thing.....

TheCrackFox Sun 16-Jan-11 14:22:36

What age are you?

TBH the vast majority of couples conceive without ovulation charts and all that unnecessary pressure. It is supposed to be fun and not a chore.

BlackSwan Sun 16-Jan-11 14:27:00

Stalk? Like of celery?

Icoulddoitbetter Sun 16-Jan-11 14:29:30

We were lucky the first time and concieved in a couple of months with me only vaguely knowing about dates etc. I was really hoping that I wouldn't need to start taking my temp, peeing on random sticks etc just because I knew that the pressure related to this would be immense

We've just started ttc again and when I went on the conception thread the other day I hardly understood any of it! Now I don't know what's going to happen this time, I may be in Boots very soon buying ovulation kits etc, we'll see. But I do know, and a good friend of mine who is having difficulty concieving was told this by her consultant, that having regular sex whatever the time of the month is the best way of making a baby.

So your husband at least needs to accept that there will be some shagging involved grin

Bexamundo Sun 16-Jan-11 14:43:22

Mine is the same. At the start of every cycle we talk about it while/just after AF visits and I explain we need to focus on having lots of sex (Somewhere I read 3 times a week), start off great then his enthusiasm seems to wane. It makes me feel like such a hussy cos I'm always keen to have such and he keeps turning me away. It seems in tv and ancedotally (?sp) people say the bloke wants it all the time and the women turns him away. Total opposite with us. This month we've done it once and now he is in bed with man flu so I doubt I'll be getting any for a while! hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: