Talk

Advanced search

Waiting to test - a boobs question

(4 Posts)
bt1978 Fri 14-Jan-11 19:29:29

TTC #2 and hoping NOT to get my period on Wednesday. Unfortunately feel totally normal, except for my boobs...did anyone feel the let down reflex at least once daily when they were in very early weeks of pregnancy? And have milk actually coming out?
I haven't breastfed since June!
Hoping it's a sign...

Thanks

WiiUnfit Sat 15-Jan-11 11:02:31

I felt completely normal except my boobs were incredibly tender (due to the pill I didn't actually find out until 8 weeks!!!), no actual milk but definitely tender!

Good luck for Wednesday, sending you lots of luck! x

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 15-Jan-11 13:17:42

If you have milk coming out this may be a sign of excess prolactin levels. Its a hormone too that suppresses ovulation. I would see the GP asap to discuss this properly.

He may arrange for you to have blood tests done to see what the underlying cause of the milk letting down is but excess prolactin levels can be treated with tablets.

Have your periods become less regular over time as well, this can be another indicator of hormonal imbalances.

bt1978 Sat 15-Jan-11 19:43:46

Eeek. Two very different replies. Thank you.
My periods are very regular, but will keep a check on it and see GP if no happy outcome for me this month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now