Talk

Advanced search

No period but 2 negative tests...

(8 Posts)
RunJHC Fri 14-Jan-11 08:27:37

We've just started trying for no2 so this is all probably just impatience on my part. Period was due on Monday/Tuesday. No sign by yesterday evening so I bought 2 tests (1st response and clear blue) - both negative although 1st response a bit ambiguous as there was a faint second line.

But still no period this morning and they are usually like clockwork 27/28 days, never longer. No other symptoms apart from missed period, although I didn't have any at this stage with 1st pg.

Should I do another test if period doesn't come by say tomorrow or am I indulging myself in false hope - and wasting money on tests in the process?!

Thanks...

PrettyVacant1 Fri 14-Jan-11 09:22:53

grin
A line is a line, congratulations.
I spent 3 days peeing on cheapy internet sticks when I was late.
Decided to announce itself on Christmas day instead

For saving money and peace of mind, if you have a Home&Bargain or similar near you they sell 99p tests you dip.
Test away then!

Rupsje Fri 14-Jan-11 09:48:17

Couldn't agree more with 'a line is a line'. For me a very faint line yesterday has now translated into a digital BFP today.

Congratulations!!

RunJHC Fri 14-Jan-11 12:32:33

Congrats Rupsje and thanks both for your replies. Decided to splash out on a Clearblue digital after I read your responses to make sure- it says 'pregnant 1-2 weeks' so that seems fairly clear! shock at the thought of having two!

PrettyVacant1 Fri 14-Jan-11 12:58:48

Bless ya!
How old is your DC?
I have never peed on anything that cost more than 5 quid, I'm scared if I go down the CB route I'll become addicted to doing it every week!
<hides pile of positive cheapy dippy sticks stacked up in bathroom> blushsmilegrin

Congrats Rupsje too! smile

Rupsje Fri 14-Jan-11 12:59:47

Brilliant news! I find the digital tests more nerve-wracking (having read 'not pregnant' too many times) but they do offer clarity. So pleased you got a BFP!

RunJHC Fri 14-Jan-11 13:29:00

Thanks! DC (DS) will be 2 in March, so would be about a 2.5 year age gap which I hope is OK confused

Yes the digital tests are good fun but was shocked at the price!

I bought a twin pack of tests so might do another one tomorrow just to make sure. So strange because I don't feel pregnant at all but with a missed period and a clear positive test who am I kidding...

nickelbabysnatcher Fri 14-Jan-11 13:36:34

Yway! grin

don't worry - i would say 2.5 years is a perfect age gap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now