Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Period related question, 9 days and bleeding heavily.

(3 Posts)
hippieshake Sun 09-Jan-11 16:00:46

Hi.

I came off Microgynon in September. I had 21 days with no period then two very light days. I then had another 21 days with no period, then a 19 day period that started light, went extremely heavy, then went light again (this was in November.) I then had 17 days with no period, then a 7 day light period in December.

My husband and I started trying for a baby in December, but I came on my period after 21 days of no period on the 1st january, it is now 9 days later and I'm still on my period and it's really heavy. Is this still my body getting used to me being off the pill, or should I be worried? I'm concerned that we are going to miss ovulation this month.

Any advice? xx

Watersign76 Sun 09-Jan-11 19:03:18

I think it can take a number of months from your body to "normalise" post pill. This web page says 6 months - [http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/832.aspx?CategoryID=5 4&SubCategoryID=127]

Maybe leave it one more period and then go to the Doc's?

Good luck.

WS

Watersign76 Sun 09-Jan-11 19:11:08

Sorry www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/832.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCat egoryID=127

WS

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: