Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Talk to me about OPK

(5 Posts)
xstitch Thu 06-Jan-11 17:36:20

I am trying to decide if I want to use them or not. At the moment just trying to count out my cycle days etc.

The reason I am doubtful is DP works away and I wonder how much it would get me down if I got the result that yes I was ovulating and wasn't able to SWI. DP just says do what ever I want so I wanted to talk it through with people who know more about them to get my ideas straight. Its funny since he is the one always keen to do a pregnancy test.

Wombat33 Thu 06-Jan-11 17:38:41

I like them because it helps me to know when we really ought to make an effort to SWI and when it's not so pressing. you can't rely on them totally of course, but if DH is going away on business then we might make an extra effort early that morning for example or v late at night on the day he flies home.

Wombat33 Thu 06-Jan-11 17:39:39

PS I aslo take my temp too because the OPK's only suggest ovulation is on it's way, the rise in BBT then confirms it but it can be a few days in between.

jenjins Thu 06-Jan-11 17:40:52

I have used them before, the cheaper ones on the internet off Amazon and they have always worked for me. My partner too often works away and i find myself looking at the next fertile time and wondering where he will be and if he will be home. Sometimes i have missed it because he has been away.

Try not to get too obsessed with them though and you can cause youself some stress if he is away and your ovulating.

Have you a rough idea when you are next ovulating and does he know?

xstitch Thu 06-Jan-11 17:44:07

I have narrowed it down to a 7 day period. My cycle has changed over the last few months which caused my confusion in the first place.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: