Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Hi, new to this.....

(5 Posts)
jay51 Wed 05-Jan-11 20:33:02

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum but really struggling with ttc baby 2.
Would love to hear from anyone in the same boat, even with a happy ending!!!

I have a four year old boy, who I fell pregnant without trying.... dont like to use the word accident!! Been trying for no. 2 for 3 years since, had 3 miscarriages in the first year and nothing since. Had blood tests and internal scans and all they have come up with in the last two years is boeardaline pco. I dont really know what else to do other then post something on here as my friend told me your a very helpful bunch!
Sorry if a little long winded...
Thanks
J x

reddaisy Wed 05-Jan-11 20:35:22

Hiya, sorry to hear you are having problems and someone who knows much more about this kind of thing will be a long very soon. But...I know that losing weight can alleviate the symptoms of polycystic ovaries so is that something that could help you do you think?

jay51 Wed 05-Jan-11 21:00:39

Hi, thanks for your reply.
My BMI is in normal range and i'm a size 12.
But maybe your right, would do anything at the moment if im honest!!

reddaisy Thu 06-Jan-11 22:35:51

I don't know what else to suggest then I'm afraid. Good luck though!

kat2504 Thu 06-Jan-11 22:46:50

If your weight is normal then losing weight won't help. I think the comment was based on the fact that a number of ladies who suffer with pcos are a bit overweight and losing weight can make a difference.
Victoria Beckham apparently has pcos and losing weight is not something she needs to do.
I was under the impression that docs suggested Clomid for women with pcos that are struggling to conceive. Perhaps as they say you are borderline they think you should try a bit longer?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: