Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Rude question

(10 Posts)
Pippaandpolly Wed 05-Jan-11 18:13:10

So, according to the Cosmos of my youth everyone has sex twice a day, every day, and if you don't want that you're probably a prude...

I know that's an exaggeration, but all the swi we've been doing recently has made me wonder what really is average. We've gone up to every day/every other day for about 2 weeks of every month (DH is DELIGHTED!), but when not attempting to get pregnant I'd say we have sex between 4 and 6 times per month.

So tell me, what's 'normal' outside of the Cosmopolitan magazine I read age 14?

kat2504 Wed 05-Jan-11 18:16:20

3 times a week. including SWI. 4 times tops, for example on holidays or SWI time falling on a weekend. Twice on a bad week, presuming not actually ill or anything.
Thats just me though. No such thing as "normal"

MaybeTomorrow Wed 05-Jan-11 18:39:06

I'm with you Pippa, but in my world, as INfrequently as possible!

So sometimes 2-3 times a week, but sometimes just once a week. DH would have it all the time and it's sometimes a bone of contention (sp?) between us...

Don't think any such thing as normal though.

TheCake Wed 05-Jan-11 18:46:31

Once a week- much more when we got together 11 years ago x

onadietcokebreak Wed 05-Jan-11 18:47:32

DP has a lower sex drive than me- think he would be happy with once a week.

I prefer every couple of days at least.

When SWI every other day.

ShowOfHands Wed 05-Jan-11 18:51:43

No such thing as normal. There are as many variations as there are couples. If you're happy, it's fine.

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Wed 05-Jan-11 18:53:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

weimy Wed 05-Jan-11 18:59:51

I am the same as Annie, obviously having it more now tho!

Pippaandpolly Wed 05-Jan-11 20:21:23

Showofhands-I know, I'm not worrying I'm abnormal or anything, I'm just interested and nosy about other people's lives!

brokeoven Wed 05-Jan-11 20:24:30

We are TTC so every other day from about day 4 till about day 24.

Normally maybe 3-4 times a month.

Its my fault i am just so tired and cant be bothered.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: