Talk

Advanced search

2nd baby - how long did it take you?

(19 Posts)
dribbleface Mon 03-Jan-11 20:35:24

Hi,

Made the decision ttc number 2 - am now freaking out a bit! Fell pregnant straight away with DS so wondering if you fell pregant quickly 1st time, did it follow that you did with number 2.

I'm guessing its just down to luck but i'm just wondering?

debka Mon 03-Jan-11 20:38:42

Took us a month. Felt v cheaty as I am a lardy arse with PCOS. Due in 5 weeks now!!

Good luck!

GrizzlyMacDuff Mon 03-Jan-11 20:40:07

Had contraceptive implant out on 16th Jan, ovulated once, had a period, conceived next ovulation between 9-15th feb, unsure of exact date wink grin so less than a month.

GrizzlyMacDuff Mon 03-Jan-11 20:41:44

Should also say, no.1 was an accident but obviously quite fertile as there was only a short window - had strong antibiotics while on contraception, gp said this was likely reason for conception as no other likely explanation (never missed a pill, no sickness etc).

dribbleface Mon 03-Jan-11 20:45:30

gulp.....i'm ready for number 2 (i think) just when i think about it too much i start to panic!

Wigeon Mon 03-Jan-11 20:48:45

DD 1 - took one cycle

Current pregancy - took one cycle smile! We did use some of the common sense indicators about when would be good days to jump into bed, but didn't do anything at all scientific like ovulation sticks / temperature charting etc etc etc.

Good luck! How old is your Number 1? What does your DH think about it all?

dribbleface Mon 03-Jan-11 20:51:53

DS is 2 1/2 yrs. I'v been thinking about it for a while, mentioned it to DH a while back and he said....we will see hmm but today the subject came up and he said he wanted to start trying again (could just be him wanting more bedroom action!)

With DS we did pretty much that wigeon, i know when i'm ovulating most of the time so just went for it.

Wigeon Mon 03-Jan-11 21:00:59

My DD is 2.5 as well and I'm 5 months pregnant. We just waited until both of us (DH and me, not DD and me!) felt ready and then went for it! Good luck!

WhatSheSaid Mon 03-Jan-11 21:06:19

Just to give you a different story, it took about 3 months for me to get pg with dd1 but 16 months with dd2.

roundthehouses Mon 03-Jan-11 21:10:04

second month with ds1, fifth month for this pregnancy - due in 7 weeks.

We did the shag-every-other-night-for-a-month technique after 4 unsuccessful months and it did the trick! (but left us utterly knackered.lol)

dribbleface Mon 03-Jan-11 21:13:49

thanks. I appreciate we were very very lucky 1st time around, and that there are no guarantees i will fall pregnant a second time. I guess i am just thinking out loud as to how long it might take.

Am getting excited now.......think i have blocked the horrendous all day morning sicknes for 6 mths out of my memory

GrizzlyMacDuff Mon 03-Jan-11 21:24:04

driblle i am pretty certain it was DH wanting more action that got him agreeing to trying again, and he was mightily disappointed he did not get to 'practice' a bit longer, as I suffered terribly with HG for the entirety from 10 days after actual conception onwards grin

GrizzlyMacDuff Mon 03-Jan-11 21:26:12

I think you just have to decide whether you want another baby and then go for it, accepting that it could be anything from immediate to 1yr + and not plan on it being a set month, but you know that, and it seems you already have your decision grin

good luck, how exciting!

HalleLouja Tue 04-Jan-11 10:33:21

Fell pregnant on 3rd cycle with DS but current bump took 16 months of hard (pun intended) work to conceive. Actually got pregnant the month we went to FC so maybe that got DHs sperms into action!

HongKongBaby Tue 04-Jan-11 11:23:52

I was first cycle with DD but so far 13 months and counting (and one miscarriage along the way) for DC2. So, there are no guarantees all you can do is go for it and see what happens.

dribbleface Tue 04-Jan-11 14:44:36

Thanks all

I'm sorry you suffered a miscarriage hongkongbaby.

Well we decided to go for it, so will see what happens!

mizu Tue 04-Jan-11 14:48:17

I thought it would take AGES to get pregnant after dd1 as I had just read an article about secondary infertility somewhere. Freaked out a bit and told DH that we had to start trying as it would probably take a year or two. DD1 was 8 months old then. Got pregnant the next month smile

Summerbird73 Tue 04-Jan-11 15:38:15

i started a thread on here today on this subject too (nobody has joined in sad ) we have an 18mo and are going to start after AF next week - again my DH is looking forward to the extra action grin

it took us 7 cycles with DS so am hoping my hormones are ready and raring to go this time grin

good luck dribbleface its v exciting

dribbleface Wed 05-Jan-11 08:44:18

goodluck you to you too summerbird! Fingers crossed we are both back with news soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now