Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Have been a bit careless-chances of being pregnant?

(11 Posts)
sooverit Sun 02-Jan-11 20:10:39

Have not been using any contraception for the last few years and have always been, erm, VERY careful. Bit careless last night on day 14 (worked it out in the morning).

Also have the clear egg white-like mucus this morning.

I know I could get the morning after pill but how soon do I need to take it? And am I worrying unnecessarily? It took me nearly 2 years to conceive my DS and I'm 42 BTW-the chances are quite slim aren't they really?

BTW, a friend the same age as me has just told me she's pregnant, did exactly what I've just done!!

pickyourbattles Sun 02-Jan-11 20:12:54

You have 72 hrs to take the MAP. If you really really don't want to be pg then you need to get it. It took me 5 yrs to conceive DC1 and one month to conceive DC2 shock.

wilkos Sun 02-Jan-11 20:14:32

well you might be, or you might not grin

if you don't want to be take the MAP, if you do, don't

simple

sooverit Sun 02-Jan-11 20:20:56

oh shit. a visit to the docs is in order then. Or can I get it over the counter?

threefeethighandrising Sun 02-Jan-11 20:23:00

I didn't use contraception for many years, and was very careful with dates. And then once I wasn't - ooh about 2 years and 9 months ago - with a great friend who I'd known for years (very drunk!).

My lovely DP is now upstairs, and my 2yo DS is here with me grin

So, you're certainly not worrying unnecessarily IMO!

The morning after pill needs to be taken within 72 hours, but the sooner you take it the better chance you have of it working. The odds are only about 85% IIRC? (One of my best friends left it till the last minute, and has a (lovely) 3yo DS as a result.)

Your age and the fact it took 2 years to conceive DS do make it less likely you're pregnant. But certainly not impossible!

HTH.

tingelingle Sun 02-Jan-11 20:27:57

We used withdrawal method until we wanted to have a baby. Got pregnant first month of trying 1st (DD), 2nd (mc) and 3rd (twins!) time....Though your age and history might be a bit different, I still think I'll be on the morning after pill if we have any accidents in future.

pickyourbattles Sun 02-Jan-11 20:29:10

I'm pretty sure you can now buy it over the counter.

IAmReallyFabNow Sun 02-Jan-11 20:33:27

If it would be total disaster to be pregnant you need to get the MAP.

carlossss Sun 02-Jan-11 20:46:32

Message withdrawn

sooverit Sun 02-Jan-11 21:02:21

Thanks everyone! smile

carlossss Sun 02-Jan-11 23:09:56

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: