Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Should i???

(3 Posts)
BabyBorn Sun 02-Jan-11 14:58:20

Hello Ladies, just need a little imput really. I have one DD who is 6. Ive had a bad history of pregnancy, silent miscarriage at 20 weeks pregnant 10 years ago, one ectopic pregnancy (tube rupture) and a pregnancy that i was so not ready for about 1.5 years ago. In which i made a difficult decsion to terminate at 7 weeks. However, now i feel really ready again. Although i am poohing myself. In the last 6 months i have returned to work, although i enjoy it, i have doubts about starting again due to this. Im 26 now. DD is not my husbands child, although he has been there since she was one years old. One other thing i must consider is the fact DH is alot older than me. No health problems and very young and healthy for his age. Do we try for another? Or do i just let it go? I am also very scared due to my pregnancy experience, however, it ran very smoothly when i was pregnant with DD. Desperate for wise imput here.

GetDownYouWillFall Sun 02-Jan-11 15:30:09

What does your DH think? Is he keen on having a child? It needs to be something you both want. And you don't sound that sure yourself? You need to be sure, you don't want to put yourself through the trauma of another termination again I imagine.

Sorry you've been through such a lot. 20 week MC 10 years ago, wow you must only have been 16? That must have been very hard.

What are your reasons for wanting another child?

BabyBorn Sun 02-Jan-11 15:43:50

Thanks for your reply! Husband is happy to have another child, he just wants to make sure its right for me. With the termination we had only JUST got married, infact we went abroad to get married for 2 weeks and when i we came back i believed i had one pack of pills, on our return we didnt have a pack at all, it was over the xmas and New Year period when the doctors were shut. So,with just having the one tube, i didnt think it would happen in just one month. I was wrong. I think the fear in me is down to being scared if things go wrong during the pregnancy. Thats what put me off. The reasons for wanting another child is simply i am feeling very broody, would love a sibling for my daughter and i suppose i would love a child with my wonderful husband.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: