Talk

Advanced search

Anyone experienced pre-menstraul symptons before getting a bfp?

(25 Posts)
louisesh Mon 27-Dec-10 23:33:56

Thats the sum of it really?

I m 40, been ttc for 3 years with 3MCs and my DD stillborn in October 2010.I have regular cycles lasting 28-29 days.We have followed the egg meets sperm plan this month with loads of swi.My only pre-menstraul sign is leg cramps.I ve had it today but much milder than normally.I m on cd24.

Just wondered about anyone else's experiences with the same? Or am i just hoping and living in a dream world? Of course i ve poas!!!! But do realise its too early.

Thanks in advance.

Louise.

DontEatOrangeSnow Tue 28-Dec-10 09:15:08

Hi Louise, I am so sorry for your losses. I was getting the usual pre-period signs before I was due, which got worse on the day, then nothing except wind blush and bloating, with a BFP a week or so later. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you it would be a great start to the new year

louisesh Tue 28-Dec-10 10:43:24

Thanks Donteatorangesnow not sure but you can hope can t you?

Thanks for your kind wishes and congrats.X

spilttheteaagain Tue 28-Dec-10 16:10:06

I definitely feel premenstrual at the beginning of pregnancy but it's not quite how it normally is.

Normally I get grumpy and really thirsty, drink lots and get bloated. Then period starts and the 1st day of bleeding has lots of heavy dragging crampy sensations.

When I've conceived I miss out the thirsty/bloated bit and get grumpy and then all the heavy achy cramping but with no bleeding.

I really hope this is it for you, you deserve some good luck x

louisesh Tue 28-Dec-10 17:15:34

Thanks Spilt XX God, i hope so to but kinda think its going to be next month as that was the month i concieved Georgie XX!!!

Ilovekittyelise Tue 28-Dec-10 20:58:59

Hi louise

I'm really sorry to hear about your stillborn daughter, that must have been awful and you must still feel pretty raw and sad.

In answer to your question about PMS symptoms and pregnancy I would say yes, mine are exactly the same in terms of timing and everything (i have had two pregnancies in 2010, no bump yet, although i think im on number 3 but too early to test)...

One thing I would say though, in August I had a fairly late termination due to T21 (Down's). Obviously I was very upset and all over the place (it's getting better, but probably similarly to your situation, something you never quite 'get over'). Anyhow, since then, it has taken a LONG time for things to get back to normal. Since the termination I kept thinking i was pregnant as my hormones were all over the place, nausea, cramps, etc etc. it wasnt until much later that I realised that I didnt actually ovuluate until November, when I got pregnant and miscarried very early. What I'm trying to say is, all I wanted to do when I lost Kitty was to get pregnant again to fill the hole in my heart, but I just put myself through a lot more pain and heartache when I wasnt ready physically or mentally....

I hope this doesn't sound like a downer, I really do hope you are pregnant, but just wanted to share my experience of my body playing tricks and it taking a long while to get back to normal after a trauma. I really hope you are ok xxx

louisesh Wed 29-Dec-10 09:31:43

Yes it is really horrible*ILOVEKITTYELISE* I miss my Georgie so very much but know shes irreplaceable,Its just a day at a time.Sorry to hear what you ve experienced.Ever think you deserve a break?

I m lucky[physically only!!] My cycles returned to my normal asap,28 days after i had Georgie i had my first period.Returned to using ovulation sticks didn't ovulate in November, period 29 days later.Then ovulated in Dec[16th to be precise!!!] due on this Friday or Saturday.

Know what you mean about sometimes thinking or having to keep myself in check that the need to be pg is so deep that you can imagine or feel all sorts of signs that aren't there!!!!!

I ve tried to take care of myself physically i ve returned to the gym etc.....I m having counselling and have attended support groups to help myself learn how to cope without Georgie.

Thanks very much for your concern.You take care XXXX

blueshinyxmasbauble Wed 29-Dec-10 20:47:30

Hi Louise, what an awful, awful time you must be having sad. I cannot begin to imagine the pain you must be going through sad. Georgie is a lovely name, for I'm sure the most beautiful girl in your world. I really hope you are surrounded by loved ones and friends.

I can totally understand your need to give her a brother or sister and pray it happens soon.

In answer to your question, both of my successful pg's have followed horrendeous PMT type symptoms in the way of terrible moods which I don't normally get month to month..

You will be in my thoughts and I may search you now and again looking/praying for good news xx

p.s. though it sounds trite in comparison I had my 2nd MMC confirmed on 22/12/08 and went into labour with my DS2 on 22/12/09...

louisesh Wed 29-Dec-10 21:23:43

Thanks very much*Blueshinyxmasbauble* Your post is lovely.Yes, our Georgie is truely beautiful [I know all parents say that but i mean it].I have very good support from dh,family and friends.

Ssshhhh.....I got very,very faint positive s today on 3 tests.I m on cd26 of a normal 28-29 day cycle.Just praying hcg is going to increase and its not a chemical pregnancy.Back to re-testing tomorrow, don t tell anyone!!!!!

Sorry for your losses.Funny how you gave birth a year later, i ve read that a lot,particularly,following a stillborn to go on to have the sibling around the birthday of the stillborn child.

Thanks again XXX

spilttheteaagain Wed 29-Dec-10 22:26:12

oooooh louise I am excited for you...! Everything crossed and praying for a nice dark line very soon for you x

louisesh Wed 29-Dec-10 22:31:26

Sssshhhh.....Lets pretend nothings happened yet.I actually pondered on posting anything,don t want a big deal in case doesn t progress any further.The line[s] are very faint.Hopefully will get darker tomorrow but actually not due af to Fri or Sat.Mmmm....we ll see X

lia66 Wed 29-Dec-10 23:20:06

louise I have seen you in here but am sworn to secrecy. My fingers are so firmly crossed for you, I am concerned for my circulation, grin

Ilovekittyelise Thu 30-Dec-10 07:52:06

louise my fingers are crossed you absolutely deserve a break and some happiness xxx

louisesh Thu 30-Dec-10 10:46:11

Thanks all.Line no darker this am so fearing its all nothing really.However, not due af till tomorrow or Sat so wondering if there is still hope?

LIA watch those fingers you ll need them for your "brood" tee hee!!! We ll see, if af is going to come, come on then then i know where i am.

Thanks Ilovekittyelise i agree i do deserve a break , so do you love XXX

I know i shouldn't rely on early testing.

lia66 Thu 30-Dec-10 13:50:40

for what it's worth, with this pg, I tested on day af was due, (the weds) and no doubt at all, completely neg. Tested the following day at a day late and the line was so faint I had to take it out of the plastic holding stick thingy to see it properly. I tested later that day with urine held for 4 hours and a clearblue that says the words and it said Pregnant.

Good luck lovey, what a lovely lovely end o the year for you that would be. xx

louisesh Thu 30-Dec-10 13:53:46

Caved and did a clearblue digital "pregnant 1-2 weeks".Still have a sense of gloom though so not getting excited yet.

Would be happier if my hcg levels were higher so that the lines were darker on other tests.If i m going to loose it i d rather have another cp as opposed to being scanned at 8 weeks and having to have another erpc.

But i had very positive tests with Georgie[does that make sense?] and look how that turned out.....There's no rationale to the whole process.

I ll repeat the test next week if no bleeding to see if hcg has increased.But, for now i guess i m pregnant AGAIN , 5th time and not 1 living child!!!!!

louisesh Thu 30-Dec-10 13:55:26

X posts LIA thanks XXX

IAmReallyFabNow Thu 30-Dec-10 13:57:13

So sorry for your losses. sad

With dc1 I was sure all week I was going to come on. I was due on Monday and did a test on the Friday to rule our pregnancy. I was pregnant but had felt like my period would come any minute.

Good luck smile

thefatladyscreams Thu 30-Dec-10 14:04:22

Oh my god louisesh - just saw your name and this news. It's a BFP - that's great news [TFLS mutters very quiet congratultions]. Completely understand your lack of excitment but this is one step forward on what will hopefully be a very long and positive journey.

I remember reading on another thread that the best advice they had been given was not to worry as it made no difference to the outcome either way. Hope that doesn't come across wrong - it's just it helped me let go a bit as I couldn't influence the outcome.

Sending you loads of positive vibes and hope little Georgie's brother or sister is growing away merrrily.

By the way, all my lines for DS were faint so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Take care my dear. Must bring all sorts of emotions to the fore. xxx

lia66 Thu 30-Dec-10 14:14:47

OMG louise i am so so happy for you, a pos is a pos and as it stands you are currently pregnant with Georgie's little sister or brother.

The thickness and faintness (is that a word? smile )have no bearing always on the outcome as it could simply be a dye issue on the tests.

I know it's not me but unless proven otherwise this is a viable and healthy pregnancy, of course you will worry, and not just about early mc, with your history, you will be well looked after. Please please try and relax, stress is not good for you and the baby.

Also each time with mine I am running to the loo every five minutes cos I feel as if period is about to start constantly,you are completely normal.

Every bereaved parent I have spoken to and even some hp's have said you won't fall before your body is up to it.

I wish you lots and lots of luck, and love, what a way to see in the new year. Will you tell dh soon?

louisesh Thu 30-Dec-10 14:47:34

Thanks all.I ve just e mailed Dh .Obviously he knew the situation from last night and the fain results this am.He feels like me very wary.We have to tell my family as going to their's for new year from tonight and my mum knows virtually when i m due on.They will also notice the lack of alcohol!!!!

Please don t say anything on the other threads for a variety of reasons [particularly don t want to upset someone at the moment].Thank you for trying to reassure me we ll see.Thats all i can do. I m quite impressed with me and dh first month ot trying, EMS plan both oldies and caught again asap.Good job i was on the pill for 20 yrs!!!!!!!

Thanks LIA won t be back on here for a while as no internet at the moment at my folks.Happy new yearXXXX

Thanks TFLS you have a lovely new year as i said above won t be back for a few days.I ll keep you 2 posted.XXX

spilttheteaagain Thu 30-Dec-10 16:13:38

We'll all keep it under our hats (but have big pleased grins all the same)! Hoping this will be the September 2011 baby you can take home with you. Have a nice time with your parents x

louisesh Thu 30-Dec-10 16:24:29

Thanks.Happy new year to you too XXXX

blueshinyxmasbauble Thu 30-Dec-10 21:18:06

Oh louise what a smile way to welcome 2011.

I know you will be CRAPPING yourself, but all you can do is hope that this time is YOUR time for happiness. After all you have been through it has to be x

Hope your other threads give you lots of support on your journey, MN is fantastic for that. I'm still on a thread that started as mc support then moved to conception and now has 20 live babies and counting..

Will be stalking you regularly now wink

thefatladyscreams Fri 31-Dec-10 11:49:55

Wishing you a very sober 2011 Louisesh! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now