Talk

Advanced search

Confused newby

(16 Posts)
Daisybell1 Mon 27-Dec-10 20:24:07

Hello all

It was nice to meet you all on the 2011 baby thread, you made me feel very welcome. However, I'm realising how little I know about this confused I'm not even sure which bus I should be on!

I ovulated a couple of days ago and we've been SWI both before and afterwards. So, after advice on the other thread, I think that means AF's due about the 8 January and I can test around then.

I'm trying to remain calm about this, and not fret over the 2WW. But I don't even know what type of symptoms I should be looking for! The only think I have had, which is far too early to be anything I'm sure, is appalling indigestion, low down, and a few cramps today.

Thank you for listening

smile

vegasmum Mon 27-Dec-10 20:30:30

Message withdrawn

Daisybell1 Mon 27-Dec-10 20:35:11

Hi vegasmum

Looks like it will be an anxious first week of the year for us.

vegasmum Mon 27-Dec-10 20:41:22

Message withdrawn

Daisybell1 Mon 27-Dec-10 20:44:15

No, its the first time I've been with someone where its an option and my first time TTC. It feels very weird.

Luckily for me he's keen, and has been quite relaxed about it happening for a while, even though we've only been together 10 months....

vegasmum Mon 27-Dec-10 20:49:42

Message withdrawn

winterwombatland Tue 28-Dec-10 04:52:45

daisybell and vegas - exciting times for you both - fingers tightly crossed!

daisy - it's highly unlikely (but not impossible) to get symptoms as early as may be. Sore boobs are a very common symptom but then a lot of women have this as a pre-menstrual sign too, just to confuse us grin.

When we started ttc, I really didn't have a clue and found the book "What to expect BEFORE you're expecting" an enormous help. There's just so much that I didn't know and this puts it all in lovely plain English. Well, American English anyway!

Daisybell1 Tue 28-Dec-10 10:02:46

Hi both!

Trying is certainly fun although OH is now exhausted grin

Thank you winter for the book tip-off, it certainly sounds like what I need. I realise the indigestion was far too early to be a symptom, and was just a result of eating far too much at Christmas, however I was too embarrassed to admit that blush

xx

winterwombatland Tue 28-Dec-10 12:14:26

Ah daisy - don't be embarassed - that's exactly what mumsnet is for! And it could still be something other than indigestion - you never know smile.

carlossss Tue 28-Dec-10 13:12:37

Message withdrawn

Daisybell1 Thu 30-Dec-10 15:38:16

Hello again all, how's it going?

I've been crampy for the last couple of days, with bad indigestion, but feel fine now.

I've now got a really stupid question blush... As I'm on the 2WW do I need to stop eating the types of food that you're supposed to avoid in pregnancy? My parents are visiting (at least it stops me wanting to POAS) and I've just eaten brie, blue cheese, pate etc etc. It will be quite easy to stay off the booze but do I need to be careful with food, just in case????

Argh....

vegasmum Thu 30-Dec-10 15:51:19

Message withdrawn

Daisybell1 Thu 30-Dec-10 16:00:03

Hi there vegas yes, cramps/pains in my left hand side, but other than that, nothing.

I suspect that I'm not, as I don't feel any different at all. Although I am only 6 DPO....

vegasmum Thu 30-Dec-10 16:20:34

Message withdrawn

Daisybell1 Thu 30-Dec-10 16:57:56

Hmm, I really don't know and suspect very much that it will be a BFN. At least with my parents stopping till tuesday (eek!) I won't be able to POAS!!!!

Fingers crossed for you vegas

vegasmum Thu 30-Dec-10 17:16:01

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now