Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Can you be pregnant with no symptoms?

(6 Posts)
MrsSatsuma Thu 23-Dec-10 21:07:20

Yes, I know this is a clutching at straws thread... but has this ever happened to anyone? As people have such different symptoms, is it possible to be pregnant without having any noticeable symptoms until a missed AF?

heymango Thu 23-Dec-10 21:10:29

Definitely! I have never had symptoms until my first missed AF - they have always appeared after say 6/7 weeks. I think it would be more unusual to have symptoms that early, rather than not have them.

Hope you get the news you want!

SantosLHalper Thu 23-Dec-10 21:12:41

Of course, I had no symptoms until around 8 weeks.

pozzled Thu 23-Dec-10 21:13:08

Of course it is, haven't you seen all the stories in the news about women who go into hospital with suspected appendicitis and come out with a baby? Is it too early for you to test?

FWIW I got the first symptoms about 4 days after my period was due- the first three days I was convinced that I wasn't pregnant.

cece Thu 23-Dec-10 21:16:22

I had no symptoms - do you mean sickness? I never had that. The only thing I get is very tired from about 7 weeks till about 13 weeks. Other than that I wouldn't have known I was pg till the bump appeared.

SuchStuff Thu 23-Dec-10 21:17:09

Given that most women (not all) don't get any symptoms until they are 5-6 weeks pregnant, I should think it is actually very likely that a missed AF is the first 'sign'.

I know how frustrating symptom spotting can be - it took me a year to conceive DC2 - but it's not a reliable guide!!

A friend of mine didn't even know she was pregnant until 9 weeks. With this pregnancy, I started feeling sick at 4 weeks - but this was the start of hyperemesis, so definitely not to be envied!!

Good luck x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: