Talk

Advanced search

Can you be pregnant with no symptoms?

(6 Posts)
MrsSatsuma Thu 23-Dec-10 21:07:20

Yes, I know this is a clutching at straws thread... but has this ever happened to anyone? As people have such different symptoms, is it possible to be pregnant without having any noticeable symptoms until a missed AF?

heymango Thu 23-Dec-10 21:10:29

Definitely! I have never had symptoms until my first missed AF - they have always appeared after say 6/7 weeks. I think it would be more unusual to have symptoms that early, rather than not have them.

Hope you get the news you want!

SantosLHalper Thu 23-Dec-10 21:12:41

Of course, I had no symptoms until around 8 weeks.

pozzled Thu 23-Dec-10 21:13:08

Of course it is, haven't you seen all the stories in the news about women who go into hospital with suspected appendicitis and come out with a baby? Is it too early for you to test?

FWIW I got the first symptoms about 4 days after my period was due- the first three days I was convinced that I wasn't pregnant.

cece Thu 23-Dec-10 21:16:22

I had no symptoms - do you mean sickness? I never had that. The only thing I get is very tired from about 7 weeks till about 13 weeks. Other than that I wouldn't have known I was pg till the bump appeared.

SuchStuff Thu 23-Dec-10 21:17:09

Given that most women (not all) don't get any symptoms until they are 5-6 weeks pregnant, I should think it is actually very likely that a missed AF is the first 'sign'.

I know how frustrating symptom spotting can be - it took me a year to conceive DC2 - but it's not a reliable guide!!

A friend of mine didn't even know she was pregnant until 9 weeks. With this pregnancy, I started feeling sick at 4 weeks - but this was the start of hyperemesis, so definitely not to be envied!!

Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now