Talk

Advanced search

I'm a moron!

(9 Posts)
Snakeears Tue 21-Dec-10 18:05:06

In a 26 day cycle will SWI on CD 17 give a chance of pregnancy?

AmandaCooper Tue 21-Dec-10 18:10:56

Don't see why not. Why are you a moron?

GetDownYouWillFall Tue 21-Dec-10 18:11:01

I doubt it, but it depends on how long your luteal phase is... if it's average of 14 days then you should have ov'd around day 12, so SWI on CD17 would have been too late.

If your LP was just 9 days, then you could have ov'd on CD18 so in theory your CD17 SWI could have been in time, however, a LP of 9 days is not usually long enough to allow implantation to occur, so I doubt there's a chance.

AmandaCooper Tue 21-Dec-10 18:12:05

9 days is a bit short, but it's not impossible, is it? Could be you OV a bit late this month, you never know.

AmandaCooper Tue 21-Dec-10 18:12:44

I mean I wouldn't hold your breath or anything!

Snakeears Tue 21-Dec-10 18:31:23

Thanks - I'm pretty sure it was too late but I've confused myself by reading too many books etc. which all seem to say different things.

I'm a moron because of my complete lack of understanding of basic maths and biology!

Wanted to start TTC in early Jan - next month (I know chances of first time etc are slim but you need to be ready just in case) So, if it happened it happened and that would be great but I was going to be really rubbish and selfish and just have a final blow out Christmas with mulled wine and pate and rare steak! That sounds really bad now sure I will be feeling the complete opposite in just a couple of weeks - then started worrying that I might be preggers and not be able to do the mulled wine pate thing anyway as due on boxing day- would not want to do anything harmful...

actually think it just goes to show how completely mad and obsessed I am with it all - and that's before I even start TTC - Oh dear!

So what do we think tonight - mulled wine or hot ribena?

AmandaCooper Tue 21-Dec-10 18:43:29

Well first it's not an exact science, so there's a small chance you are pg, which is quite an exciting thought even if it would be a month earlier than you planned.

As for the mulled wine, one option is just drink it in moderation. As I'm assuming from your post that it will still be too early to test, it would be really really early in any pregnancy. Hot ribena is lovely though - mmmmmmmmm!

Snakeears Tue 21-Dec-10 18:50:52

Thanks Amanda - thnk that's what I'll do. do lke hot rib!
:-)

AmandaCooper Tue 21-Dec-10 19:00:37

<goes to buy Ribena>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now