Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Fertilty Worries

(2 Posts)
foxxxyblonde Sun 19-Dec-10 19:46:40

Hi, I'm new here

As my thread title say's I am worried about my fertility. I had my mirena coil removed nearly 5 months ago so me and my OH could start trying for our first baby. I've used the mirena for 8 years before removal.

After I had it removed I spotted for three days two weeks after removal. Seven weeks later I finally had a proper period which was very heavy for me, but that is the only period I've had since. I've done a few pregnancy tests as we have been actively trying and all have been negative.

I had to have a colposcopy six weeks ago as I had minor abnormal cells. The results have come back, and all is fine...no further treatment needed.

I have done a FSH test at home which has come back normal. My OH has also done a sperm test which has also come back normal. My doctor warned me it could take up to three months for my fertility to return to normal, but it's been 5 months now and my cycle is still very irregular.

As age is not on my side now, I'm getting very worried. Should I go the doctors or should I wait? Any other advice is very much welcomed

RudolfThePinkNosedReindeer Sun 19-Dec-10 21:06:20

Hi foxxxy I'd go to the GP - no harm in it and hopefully they'll be able to put your mind at rest. No personal experience of mirena I'm afraid, but hopefully your GP will know whether 5 months to get back to normality is to be expected. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: