Talk

Advanced search

ATTENTION TTC LADIES Conceive plus does work!!

(26 Posts)
TinyDiamond Thu 16-Dec-10 09:05:49

Hi all there was a thread going last month regarding conceive plus lubricant (available from boots £14.99) at that point I was on the 2ww and waiting to see if I had conceived. I got what I thought was my af (9 days late)but actually turned out to unfortunately be a very early miscarriage. I didn't realise for a while as I hadn't managed to get a positive test at home but was since confirmed by blood hcg.

That was the first month we had used it, had been trying for 9 months until then with zero success. (Me 23, DP 24- if anyone interested).

So... yesterday, now at month 10 I was still sort of coming to terms with what happened last month and utterly convinced I was not pg now as have nothing like the symptoms I had last month. (and therefore have been drinking loads of wine, eating sushi and had a terrible cold so have taken every over the counter remedy known to man)

Tested on Friday 4wks 6days since lmp and BFN!!

BUT

was a few days lateish so decided to buy 2 more tests yesterday on my way home with the intention to wait until this morning. Turns out I couldn't wait so I thought what the hell and POAS.

Second line visible within about a minute, I almost fell of the loo. The first BFP I've had in my life, crazy.

By dates I am 5+5 today

SO...

Go buy some from boots now, you have nothing to lose ladies

now I have everything crossed for myself and for all of you too

TD xxxxxxxxxxxxx

pinkclouds Thu 16-Dec-10 12:49:47

Congratulations. xx And good luck.smile

TinyDiamond Thu 16-Dec-10 17:49:59

Thankyou very much. xxx

Bexamundo Thu 16-Dec-10 19:18:52

Ace news!!
We started using it last month (ttc 12 months now, no joy yet but won't lose faith in it just yet then!
Congratulations xx

TinyDiamond Thu 16-Dec-10 21:24:52

Thanks Bexamundo,

10months here so I know how annoying it is. I have somehow overnight managed to turn into a completely irrational, forgetful idiot, can't even seem to spell my own name etc. Got my dates all mixed up too. Oh well.

Sending you all the luck in the world xx

carlossss Wed 22-Dec-10 09:40:28

Message withdrawn

jamama Wed 22-Dec-10 16:56:44

Yay for TD! Carloss, it is a lubricant gel, http://www.conceiveplus.com/ for their promotional materials; ordinary lube isn't a great environment for sperm, this stuff is meant to have a more suitable pH, salt concentration and texture to help keep them happy until they've done their job...

jamama Wed 22-Dec-10 16:57:57

Yay for TD! Carloss, it is a lubricant gel, http://www.conceiveplus.com/ for their promotional materials; ordinary lube isn't a great environment for sperm, this stuff is meant to have a more suitable pH, salt concentration and texture to help keep them happy until they've done their job...

jamama Wed 22-Dec-10 17:00:35

sorry for double-posting - my (work- oops) pc playing silly beggars...

carlossss Wed 22-Dec-10 20:27:51

Message withdrawn

carlossss Fri 24-Dec-10 00:03:48

Message withdrawn

carlossss Mon 27-Dec-10 16:11:51

Message withdrawn

Pippaandpolly Mon 27-Dec-10 16:14:14

I bought this today - fingers crossed!

carlossss Mon 27-Dec-10 17:16:17

Message withdrawn

WillSingForCake Mon 27-Dec-10 23:42:05

Hi everyone,

I've been using Conceive Plus too (for 3 months), and have just found out I'm pregnant. Apparently its even better than using no lubricant at all (according to its martkering info) but for someone like me who used to use normal lubricants (such as KY) its definitely better, as those normal ones don't provide a healthy environment for sperm (i.e. they get stuck in it!).

This is my very first MN post! And its about lubricant grin

Lots of luck to you all, and congratulations TinyDiamond!

TigerseyeMum Wed 29-Dec-10 17:56:02

Congratulations! Is it better than Preseed though cos we have just bought a stash of that?

AmandaCooper Wed 29-Dec-10 18:30:13

I'd imagine they're the same.

TinyDiamond Fri 31-Dec-10 13:48:21

Congrats willsingforcake!!!! so how far are you? 7wks today here, and feeling HORRENDOUS. Pretty sure I'll be bringing in the new year with my head down the loo.

I'm not sure if it is exactly the same as preseed as never used it I only used conceive plus but heard good things about preseed to so GOOD LUCK!

Happy new year all x

WillSingForCake Mon 10-Jan-11 12:08:39

Thanks tinydiamond! I'm 7wks today, so about one week behind you. Not feeling too bad - bit knackered, and can't stop eating, but that's not too far off my normal behaviour wink.

Hope your sickness is getting better xx

magichomes Mon 10-Jan-11 14:21:15

There are an awful lot of fake reviews for both Pre-seed and Conceive Plus on Amazon.co.uk and the American Amazon. There also seems to be a remarkable paucity of clinical evidence about their efficacy hmm. If these products really were as impressive as the claims made for them, I wonder why they rely on fake reviews?

I'm in my second month of TTC and have used both products. Each product costs around £15 (twice as much as KY - which you can't use when TTC as it has a spermicidal action). Neither Pre-seed nor Conceive Plus are very good as lubes - incredibly sticky for one thing, and Conceive Plus makes me smell revolting according to my DH blush. Obviously I'll update if their use has a positive outcome for me but for now, I'm not convinced...

magichomes Mon 10-Jan-11 14:23:13

Congratulations to TinyDiamond and WillSingforCake, however. Miracles always good no matter how they come about smile

Kate2009 Thu 13-Jan-11 19:37:41

Hurrah and congratulations TinyDiamond! I started the previous thread, so very glad to hear your news! I'm still trying .... currently 4 days late but did a test and BFN ... but after reading your post I will keep my fingers crossed over the next few days!

janjan30 Wed 06-Apr-11 21:28:58

Congratulations to both of you. I have been ttc for 5 years, I have been on 6 months of clomid and my next move is IUI. I have just bought Conceive Plus from Boots but I haven't used it yet. On day 14 today, but not showing ovulation on my sticks yet. Will keep you posted. X

Kinky1997 Sun 02-Aug-15 01:30:16

I have bind trying for 3 years to get pregnant but my sister in law send me the link and I was like omg so i told my husband we need to buy this so we did but we haven't tried it because I'm going out of the state but I hope it really works because I really wanna have a baby.

Kinky1997 Sun 02-Aug-15 01:32:04

But how do I use it do I just put the cream inside and have relations and that's it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now