Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Scuppered again

(7 Posts)
Pippaandpolly Tue 14-Dec-10 12:29:21

I have flu complete with high temperature and much feeling sorry for myself. AF due any day so have been loathe to take anything in case am pregnant but my doctor looked at me like I'm an idiot and told me to dose myself up on ibuprofen. I know he's right but...argh. Also have the weirdest feeling of sunburn all across my back (definitely isn't sunburn!) which he said might be the start of shingles, or a kidney infection. OH JOY.

Arabella36 Tue 14-Dec-10 15:29:00

Pippa, if taking the ibuprofen would make you anxious then take paracetamol as it's safe in pregnancy. I'm sure the doctor knows what he's talking about though so don't worry about following his advice- if you have a temp then you'll have to take something to help it!

Arabella36 Tue 14-Dec-10 15:30:47

Maybe there was a reason for the doc to suggest ibuprofen over paracetamol, did he say?

Pippaandpolly Tue 14-Dec-10 16:30:47

He actually said to take both. I figure that as the only downside could be me feeling rubbish for a bit longer I'm just taking paracetamol for now and I'll see how I feel tomorrow about the ibuprofen. Probably pointless worry anyway and my period will arrive just to spite me but I'm just too paranoid.

nannyl Tue 14-Dec-10 18:31:55

Grrr.

No the feeling sad

am TTC at the moment, and while im pretty sure im NOT pg yet, i will be pretty fertile by the weekend.

Ive avoided ALL medication since at least Augast, (except flu jab that i had in October) but have given in to paracetamol today, and just, after all my hard work i really dont want to take anything else.

I say hard work, i havent been slightly ill so not taking medication hasnt really been a problem)

arabella36 Wed 15-Dec-10 12:40:53

Hope you feel better soon Pippa.

Pippaandpolly Wed 15-Dec-10 14:27:33

I gave in and took nurofen this morning - I feel rubbish but it has helped a bit. However, just in case it looks like I'm feeling any less sorry for myself, I would like to issue a big WOE IS ME! Nannyl - I think paracetamol is fine even if you're pregnant, but I know how you feel. Arabella thanks for the good wishes

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: