Talk

Advanced search

i ned some (easy) answers please..

(5 Posts)
fandango75 Mon 13-Dec-10 21:21:46

what does 2ww mean?

i think i have just gone through my most fertile part of the month, do i have to wait until period due date to test?

basic i know

thanks

kat2504 Mon 13-Dec-10 21:25:44

If you use a First response test you can get a result up to 6 days earlier than your period. However, the stats say that it is only about 60% accurate that early so you may get a negative even if you are pg. Most of the general supermarket own name tests are useable from 4 days early, same with Clearblue digitals. If you wait until period time you can be 99% sure that the result you get is correct, and you may also save yourself some money!
(I can't talk, I am very bad at waiting to test!!)
Good luck! Hope you get your positive result.
2ww is the two week wait in between the fertile time and the next period.

fandango75 Mon 13-Dec-10 21:28:23

aha i see re: 2 week wait i thought it might be that

in the 2ww do people just carry on as normal or halt booze etc? Not quite sure how to behave

kat2504 Mon 13-Dec-10 21:34:25

I carry on as normal. Probably not a great idea to go on an all-out bender though. My next 2ww will be Christmas so there is no way I am going sober and then finding out at new year that it was all for nothing.
Some people don't drink at all when trying to conceive and I think that is probably the health guidelines. Excessive consumption may harm your chances, although I don't know the facts on this one. I go for the reasonably moderate middle ground. And I continue to eat the cheese and the paté.

fandango75 Mon 13-Dec-10 21:36:41

sounds like a good plan - many thanks help appreciated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now