Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Clear blue fertility monitor question

(11 Posts)
nannyl Sun 12-Dec-10 19:02:14

This is my 1st month using my CBFM.

I have been charting for months and feel i know my cycle pretty well anyway. (also use OPK's) but now we are actually trying for a baby am using my CBFM aswell

am currently on CD6.

CBFM will want me to insert a stick every day i assume as its my 1st month.
But i know (at least for the next 3 days) that i will have low fertility.

Do i still have to pee on a stick and insert it for it to tell me low? Or can i save a few sticks and test again day 10 (when im sure it will still be low, but might be about to change to high)

Will it affect the readings?
or confuse the machine?
or invalidate the cyle?
Or anything else?

(I only have enough sticks to get to day 16, i normally ovulate on day 15, so was wondering if i could perhaps save a stick or so for after ovulation)

TIA

CupcakesHay Mon 13-Dec-10 11:02:37

I think you have to pee on sticks anyhow - if i remember rightly, mine went for 3 months making me do more - i think it's so it can get an idea of how your individual cycle is - and then it does it's clever calculations and stuff, and will not ask so much after that.

roastie Mon 13-Dec-10 15:04:47

Hinannyl.
This is my first cycle using the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor today is CD8 and i had my first high so hopefully i will have my peak any day soon. Only pee on the stick when asked to, my monitor didn't ask me to until CD6 and its still asking me now so i will continue until it says stop. If you do not pee on the stick when instructed to it will confuse the machine, so my advise would be to follow it exactly how its says too.

Good luck

nannyl Mon 13-Dec-10 16:57:13

well i decided to pee on a stick anyway this morning as it asked me to
(day 7)

I was VERY shocked to get a high shock
Im not sure weather to believe it cause i chart and according to TCOYF i dont become even slightly fertile until CD10 (Thursday)

As far as im concerned, i always ovulate on day 15 and get my temp rise the next day, (confirmed by OPK's, CM and charting) so i dont see how i could possibley have a high fertility day today confused

But i will now keep testing each morning when it asks.

roastie Tue 14-Dec-10 13:22:28

I was very shocked to when i got my first high on CD8 and i wasn't expecting it until CD12, but i had another high day today.

I think you are right, keep testing until its says stop

Good luck

Ilovekittyelise Wed 15-Dec-10 14:40:38

HI ladies

First month it tends to show high very early - for me it was also day 8, and my peak was day 13 (which is early in itself); i think it 'errs on the side of caution' the first month and shows high as soon as it detects a very small rise in oestrogen - month 2 and my first high was day 12 (id also had an early miscarriage this month so everything a bit later - im on day 15 and no peak yet); bare with it, your first high will probably be later next month xxx

carlossss Wed 22-Dec-10 20:11:56

Message withdrawn

carlossss Wed 22-Dec-10 20:19:54

Message withdrawn

kat2504 Thu 23-Dec-10 18:47:55

You need to do more than that to reset the monitor if it isn't new. Booklet has instructions at the back but googling will give you more info too. Away from home so don't have booklet with me

carlossss Fri 24-Dec-10 00:02:03

Message withdrawn

carlossss Mon 27-Dec-10 16:13:42

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: