Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Anyone conceived whilst being 'fat'

(12 Posts)
Folicacid Thu 09-Dec-10 18:53:32

That's it really.

I've put on about 3 stone in last year so well overweight for height etc. Don't know my BMI.

I know I need to lose weight to conceive. has anyone conceived whilst overweight?

bytheMoonlight Thu 09-Dec-10 18:54:30

yes, twice.

Midwife not happy. Lots of lectures during pregnancy.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 09-Dec-10 18:55:16

Yes, twice. No lectures here, except from my mother.....

FunkySnowSkeleton Thu 09-Dec-10 18:56:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

misdee Thu 09-Dec-10 18:57:22

yes 5 times.

at my heaviest almost 5stone overweight.

at my lightest 2.5stone overweight.

Folicacid Thu 09-Dec-10 19:00:05

I know others wont approve, but that actually makes me feel a lot better.

I will lose it in the new year, but as you may know it takes ages to lose weight and about a week to put it on.

Thanks guys.

BertieBasset Thu 09-Dec-10 19:01:02

yes twice, both times within a month of trying.

My BMI around 32

ChippedChinaTeacup Thu 09-Dec-10 19:02:42

yup, was size 26ish both times and approx 120kgs

Lot of lectures at prenatal appts etc but it was over 18 years ago now, lol

NorthernLurker Thu 09-Dec-10 19:07:07

I am a size 22 and conceived first month of trying with all my dds (was a bit slimmer with dd1) Very healthy pregnancy in all cases and normal birthweight babies. There is a lot of pressure on overweight mums - most of it surplus to requirements imo so you may need to grit your teeth a bit. I firmly believe the medical profession is seeing fat women having babies as more of a medical problem than it is, that pregnancy and labour for these women is being further medicalised and that therefore there is the potential for unnecessary interventions. That is purely my point of view, I have no evidence to back it up and doubtless somebody will be along in a bit to 'prove' that fat pregnant women are dangerous.....hmm Go fo it - but ust bear in mind that being fat doesn't mean you have to agree to everything which is ordered suggested.

FunkySnowSkeleton Thu 09-Dec-10 19:24:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Folicacid Thu 09-Dec-10 19:25:56

I did see a post in pregnancy about obese pregnant women but I ended up feeling a bit worried so didn't read it all.

tinky19 Thu 09-Dec-10 19:32:04

Yes I did. 2 and 1/2 stone over weight. Had lost one stone before that though. No lectures, not even weighed by mid wife.
Good luck

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: