Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Ovulation pains

(5 Posts)
tummytickler Mon 06-Dec-10 11:49:08

Do you get ovulation pains?
What do they feel like? Are they a dull ache like period pains, or sharp stabbing pains?
I have never looked for, or noticed OV pains, but yesterday I was having crampy aches, which seem to tie in with EWCM and dates, so hoping they were ov pains?
What is your experience?

PandaNot Mon 06-Dec-10 11:53:26

I used to get ovulation pains and they were very handy when I was trying to conceive dc2 - got the timing right first try, a little more accurate than I'd anticipated!

However since having an ovarian cyst removed I no longer get them. hmm They used to be very painful though, a mix of crampy and sharp pains, only used to last a few hours and not constant pain.

tummytickler Mon 06-Dec-10 12:10:47

Ooooh - Panda - that sounds promising, as that sounds pretty much the same as I had yesterday!

Interesting about the cyst! Would you like your ov pains back?
Can I ask you about your timing? When did you leap on your dh in relation to your ov pains? <nosey> grin

PandaNot Mon 06-Dec-10 12:30:00

'Leapt on dh' pretty much that evening! Had read somewhere (maybe here?) that you should have sex as close to ovulation as possible. Might have just been coincidence but we had managed to avoid conceiving for 2 1/2 years before deciding that another one wouldn't be so bad! So it probably helped with the timing in our case.

The cyst was interesting - it was discovered and removed during my c-section. Never been picked up before depsite a previous section and numerous scans over the previous 7 years! I don't remember exactly when I started having ovulation pain but definitely in my late teens / early twenties, can't imagine I would have had the cyst that long.

neverlookback Fri 10-Dec-10 22:00:13

i have them but they dont help with my timing, we are ttc no 3 and this month i had pains from mon to fri last week so was swi like crazy!! (not as enjoyable as it sounds under the circumstances!) they are mainly like crampy period pains but a few sharp jabs and i feel tender around the middle, its always the left side and its the same with period pains always the same side but i dont know why? mine seem to of got more noticable since having children?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: