Talk

Advanced search

newbie a little lost. HELP! anyone?

(8 Posts)
flutter6y Sun 05-Dec-10 18:51:29

Help! I'm new to this forum and new to the whole world of ttc. Browsing a few threads I see I have so much to learn! But you all seem like friendly folk and I would like to join you if that's ok?

Basically i'm 37 years old. my DP and I are planning to NTNP for the next few weeks, and then to start ttc for #1 for the first time, properly in January '11. I am very excited (and a little nervous) at the prospect. I know it may not be an easy journey. and I am terrible at keeping quiet about it with friends, (I fear i'll blurt out about it on facebook if I'm not careful, and that would be bad.)

So could anyone give me a little guidance about where to go for relevant information? And I would like to join a thread where I can share/ learn from and chat with a few people at a similar stage to me. so where should I go? can someone give me charting advice? I have so many questions and I don't know where to start. so thought i'd try with this post. Hope its ok i started a new thread.

CrazyAlien Sun 05-Dec-10 18:55:41

Welcome to MN :0) You will find ooodles of advice on here and friendly people to assist you through the TTC process!
x

RugbyWidow7 Sun 05-Dec-10 20:55:12

Hi Flutter6y - I recently joined too. I watched the August bus thread for a while before taking the plunge. I'm now pretty regularly on there. This is our first month of trying.

I'd suggest you jump on a bus when you're ready - the September bus I guess - as they're all really friendly folk. I may see you there in a few weeks.

I have to say, I've learned so much in the last few weeks from the lovely ladies on here! {grin]

Would love to hear how you're getting on so keep / get posting!

nannyl Sun 05-Dec-10 21:08:30

feel free to hop on the waiting to TTC train (or is it bus)... lots of people waiting to try there, though many of us have been on a while and a couple are pg and a few of us are trying as of now!

spilttheteaagain Sun 05-Dec-10 22:46:09

If you want charting advice then wander on over to the Charter's Anonymous thread. Maybe see you there smile

flutter6y Sun 05-Dec-10 22:52:23

thank you for your ideas folks. yeah the september bus sounds like a good plan for me and I hadn't realised what the Charter's Anonymous thread was all about so that helps. cheers. I keep reading very interesting threads but haven't plucked up the courage to joinas I sometimes you all seem to know each other. as long as folks don't mind me butting in, I will do this in a wee while.

spilttheteaagain Mon 06-Dec-10 16:35:59

flutter I'm not sure how much you already know or have read, but you said where can you find info and help with charting etc. Have you come across Fertility Friend yet? It's a good site that you can use to plot your charts and spot ovulation etc. It has some short videos (25 mins in total) to explain the basics.

The Bible according to charting is Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, so if you find the whole thing interesting I recommend it. But the FF videos are plenty to get you started and charting.

Infact, if I can be dead cheeky - if you do decide to join FF to start charting in the new year, here's an invitation: you can do it by clicking on my home page and clicking the Join link at the top of the page. If you do it through my invite I can get a bonus 5 free days VIP status (you get 30 free VIP days from the start and then it reverts to normal unless you pay for continuing VIP or invite a new person!)

And please don't be shy of joining a thread. I can only vouch for the Charter's thread - we are all lovely smile and have had 4 BFP's in the last fortnight! There are only about 10 of us but we talk a lot and nothing is TMI! blush

RugbyWidow7 Mon 06-Dec-10 20:10:03

split, I've just watched some of the videos - thks. I hadn't seen those sites before and so have had an insight into the world of charting! grin Charters sounds fab and like a really supportive thread. Maybe if I start to temp, I too could jump on too at some point...(just don't want to interrupt any groups that have already bonded).

Not sure if it's useful, but I've been using an Iphone app called IP Free for the last few months. I installed it to track my af but have since been using it to monitor my fertility, symptoms, moods, ovulation etc. I'm glued to it now and have become a bit of an obsessive. I've found it brilliant to get me started as a complete novice.
I may start charting properly if I don't have any luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now