Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Possible to be pregnant?

(6 Posts)
Only2 Thu 02-Dec-10 16:23:53

Hi

I think I might be pregnant. Sorry if TMI; I'm on the Pill but have had several courses of antibiotics recently, so used condoms as well. Last time I had sex was 4 and 8 weeks ago. I have had a period since then so I didn't think about being pregnant but my breasts have been really sore in the last few days so now I'm panicking .

So I was hoping someone could tell me, is it possible I could be pregnant? And if I do a test now, will it tell me the real result, or do I have to wait till I actually miss a period? I'm due in just over 2 weeks.

I'm 19 and at uni by the way, so there's no way I could have a baby.

Thank you.

onlyjuststillme Thu 02-Dec-10 16:29:42

If you have had a proper period since you last did the deed it is pretty unlikely you are pregnant.

How long ago was the period?

onlyjuststillme Thu 02-Dec-10 16:30:37

P.S If you are worried do a test.

Only2 Thu 02-Dec-10 16:33:59

It was 12 days ago. I will do a test but the thing is what if I do one, it says negative, but only because it's too early to test? Then I'll just be in the same situation.
Thank you for replying .

GetDownYouWillFall Thu 02-Dec-10 16:37:23

Hi there, I wouldn't panic if I were you. You were on the pill, AND you used condoms, AND you've had a period since. I don't think it's very likely. You can have sore boobs for other reasons, e.g. hormone fluctuations.

Firawla Thu 02-Dec-10 19:47:14

i dont think it can be too early to test if last time you had sex was 4 weeks ago, so if you were it would show up, you have had your period since then so im thinking it sounds unlikely? but you should be able to test now and if its negative you can trust it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: