Talk

Advanced search

B6 to lengthen luteal phase

(7 Posts)
ThePlanningCommittee Thu 02-Dec-10 15:20:25

Just wondered if anyone had had any success lengthening their luteal phase by taking vitamin B6?

Apart from a 14-day LP last cycle, mine is generally only 11 days. I've read that 100mg of B6 a day may be effective, but would be interested to hear others' experiences before investing.

I'm also taking Pregnacare Conception one-a-day vits, and 1000mg EPO from CD1 until ov to improve my CM (which seems to be working).

wakarimasen Thu 02-Dec-10 16:05:11

Hi there,

There are a lot of stories on the net that confirm B6 lengthened peoples LP. I have taken it for a few months and extended mine by 1 day. I take 100mg a day but I think it does take a while to work (it did for me anyway). Some people take less so its a case of try it and see.

Good luck!

gardenpixie Thu 02-Dec-10 17:14:27

Hi, I took 200mgs a day and it seems to have lengthened my LP from 10 / 11 days to 14 but it took 2 months to have an effect

I was told to be careful not to mix it with other supplements that had B6 in them so as not to have too much. Which is fine although I now take loads of separate pills instead of just one!

Good luck grin

Vics79 Thu 02-Dec-10 18:13:19

I started taking 50mg a day to see if i can extend mine. Currently a 10/11 LP so i will see around this time next week whether it has had an effect. I may add another dose in there if it doesn't effect this month and if that fails, I will move on to acupuncture i think!

ThePlanningCommittee Fri 03-Dec-10 08:33:11

Thanks for all the replies - have ordered some 100mg tabs off t'internet (the ones in Boots are only 10mg) so will give it a go.

wakarimasen and gardenpixie - am prepared to give it a few month to work. My experience with taking EPO for increased EWCM was that it look two cycles for there to be any noticeable effect.

Vics79 - I've looked into acupuncture too! Had an initial consultation a couple of weeks ago, but will probably wait until the New Year now before committing to a course. It's not cheap unfortunately so need to get Xmas expenses out of the way.

Thanks again for all the replies!

Greeneyesbigbottom Fri 03-Dec-10 09:49:04

I started taking B^ about 6 months ago and extended LP by 1-2 days. Although once they ran out I never bought anymore and my cycle has stayed the same!

I have started reflexology too so could be that???

wrighty2010 Fri 03-Dec-10 13:39:20

Hi, I am not sure whether it has a direct result but I was advised that it did and can also help the effects of pms. I took zita west vitafem, says it boosts female fertility, whilst I was trying to conceive. I bought it from a site called P ride Angel, was reasonable too, may be worth a look? Let us know how you get on. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now