Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

B6 to lengthen luteal phase

(7 Posts)
ThePlanningCommittee Thu 02-Dec-10 15:20:25

Just wondered if anyone had had any success lengthening their luteal phase by taking vitamin B6?

Apart from a 14-day LP last cycle, mine is generally only 11 days. I've read that 100mg of B6 a day may be effective, but would be interested to hear others' experiences before investing.

I'm also taking Pregnacare Conception one-a-day vits, and 1000mg EPO from CD1 until ov to improve my CM (which seems to be working).

wakarimasen Thu 02-Dec-10 16:05:11

Hi there,

There are a lot of stories on the net that confirm B6 lengthened peoples LP. I have taken it for a few months and extended mine by 1 day. I take 100mg a day but I think it does take a while to work (it did for me anyway). Some people take less so its a case of try it and see.

Good luck!

gardenpixie Thu 02-Dec-10 17:14:27

Hi, I took 200mgs a day and it seems to have lengthened my LP from 10 / 11 days to 14 but it took 2 months to have an effect

I was told to be careful not to mix it with other supplements that had B6 in them so as not to have too much. Which is fine although I now take loads of separate pills instead of just one!

Good luck grin

Vics79 Thu 02-Dec-10 18:13:19

I started taking 50mg a day to see if i can extend mine. Currently a 10/11 LP so i will see around this time next week whether it has had an effect. I may add another dose in there if it doesn't effect this month and if that fails, I will move on to acupuncture i think!

ThePlanningCommittee Fri 03-Dec-10 08:33:11

Thanks for all the replies - have ordered some 100mg tabs off t'internet (the ones in Boots are only 10mg) so will give it a go.

wakarimasen and gardenpixie - am prepared to give it a few month to work. My experience with taking EPO for increased EWCM was that it look two cycles for there to be any noticeable effect.

Vics79 - I've looked into acupuncture too! Had an initial consultation a couple of weeks ago, but will probably wait until the New Year now before committing to a course. It's not cheap unfortunately so need to get Xmas expenses out of the way.

Thanks again for all the replies!

Greeneyesbigbottom Fri 03-Dec-10 09:49:04

I started taking B^ about 6 months ago and extended LP by 1-2 days. Although once they ran out I never bought anymore and my cycle has stayed the same!

I have started reflexology too so could be that???

wrighty2010 Fri 03-Dec-10 13:39:20

Hi, I am not sure whether it has a direct result but I was advised that it did and can also help the effects of pms. I took zita west vitafem, says it boosts female fertility, whilst I was trying to conceive. I bought it from a site called P ride Angel, was reasonable too, may be worth a look? Let us know how you get on. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: