Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Implantation bleeding or ovulating bleeding???

(4 Posts)
LissieLoos Thu 02-Dec-10 11:41:36

Hi there, Bit new to this so please bare with me... I am a bit confused and could do with a bit of help! I had my usual period on the 13th November, I usually last only 5 days, but a day later I bled again (not even half a day), 12 days later after period this morning I went to the toilet and there was a hint of blood on the tissue and in my knickers, I put a towel on and nothing no blood now. I came off my pill 4 months ago, my periods have been regular the last 3 months, cycles have lasted 32-33days. My partner and I have been trying for a baby, but I'm more worried about my body and these two odd bleeds. I was wondering whether it was ovulation bleeding but then I have also read up on implanation bleeding, its all a bit confusing! Any advice would be great.
Thank you

MamaChristmas Thu 02-Dec-10 12:31:25

Hi Lissie,

Do you know what day in your cycle you ovulate on? if you do, implantation bleeds normally occur (if at all) around 7-10days post ov.

without knowing your ov day is hard to say one way or the other!

LissieLoos Thu 02-Dec-10 12:51:04

Hi there,

Thank you for responding, I just done an ovulation test online which "says" that I ovulate today. So I'm kind of guessing that it could just be ovulation bleeding and not implantation bleeding as it would be too early. I do wonder though whether it is just my body getting back to normal as I came off the pill 4 months ago and they say that it stays in your system for a while after??

Thank you x

MamaChristmas Thu 02-Dec-10 13:11:20

Hi Lissie,

I would think you are right it's the settling time from coming off the pill. Just a note about the online tests; they only work on based the avg womans cycle, I for example ov on day 17 of my cycle!! If you want to be sure and pinpoint ov you'll need to do some monitoring. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: