Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

TCC - do you stop eating cheese, pate, getting massages...

(5 Posts)
LittleOne76 Mon 29-Nov-10 22:51:23

...and all those other things that you are supposed to not do when pregnant. Or do you just carry on as per normal until you find out you're pregnant.

I know there are lots of things you can do while TCC that are supposed to help with fertility/conception (like cutting down on coffee/alcohol/ciggies etc) but what about all that stuff you need to be careful about when pregnant (so the food, minimise dental xrays, no massages etc..)?

readywithwellies Mon 29-Nov-10 23:09:22

I didn't stop. Just imagine - it would be like your pregnancy lasts forever!

While ttc I acted normally except for no alcohol and taking folic acid. I think if you think about it too much you will add to stress levels.

dietcokesholidaysarecoming Mon 29-Nov-10 23:23:51

I'm ttc and just planning on carrying on as normal albeit a but more healthly.

Getting my Brie fix while I can!

thecaptaincrocfamily Mon 29-Nov-10 23:31:18

No smile just carry on as normal!
Agnus castus tabs help, health food shop I think, naturally regulate a cycle after 3 months.
Don't have sex every day, just every 2-3, especially around ovulation. To much and the sperm aren't mature, too little and they are stale and old grin.
Massage is fine in pregnancy, just tell them you are. the rest is just precaution against food poisoning and radiation. Dental x-rays shouldn't affect a foetus anyway.

Miffles Tue 30-Nov-10 08:49:49

Absolutely carry on as usual. Who knows how long it will be?! Until the baby is hooked up to your blood supply, what you eat or drink won't make any difference anyway. My fertility consultant actively told me to carry on as usual until you get a BFP - not even to abstain during the 2ww.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: