Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

How long after stopping progesterone tablets was it until your period arrive?

(3 Posts)
MissFlick Sun 28-Nov-10 07:48:41

Hello All,

I'm after some advice from anyone who has used either progesterone tablets or suppositories.

I have been on Clomid 50mgs this cycle and after my day 21 progesterone blood test was deemed to be 'a little on the low side',(my doctor says that I definitely ovulated but that my progesterone level was a little lower than they liked for a medicated cycle), I was given progesterone suppositories (Utrogest 100mgs) to boost my levels.

I took my last lot of suppositories last night and I am expecting my period to arrive either today or tomorrow based on when I ovulated. However, I know that progesterone can lengthen your luteal phase so I am unsure when I should expect my period, if it is going to arrive at all.

I'm wondering whether anyone who has been in the same situation as me, or anyone who has taken progesterone to induce a period, could share their experience of how many days after stopping the tablets their period showed up?

Thanks in advance.

notcitrus Sun 28-Nov-10 09:10:19

I took oral progesterone - I think 100mg and was told to expect a period in 2-5 days after finishing. Took 8 days the first time and 5 days the other 3.

After 2 goes with it and Clomid still hadn't got a cycle to last more than 2 months, but clearly ovulated at least once 3 months later and ended up with ds. Now I've managed to produce a period twice myself after two lots of prog, so hopeful of another pregnancy at some point...

MissFlick Sun 28-Nov-10 09:29:57

Thanks notcitrus and keeping everything crossed for another pregnancy for you soon

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: