Talk

Advanced search

I have a Clomid question, please help

(5 Posts)
twolittlemonkeys Fri 26-Nov-10 14:41:48

Hi ladies, I am on 2nd cycle of Clomid 50mg (1st cycle early in the year resulted in pregnancy then MC at 9 wks). Previously this dose has worked for me (DS1 is a Clomid baby) Am now on CD 32 and no sign of AF, but BFN today. Should I assume it hasn't actually made me OV this cycle? If it hasn't triggered ovulation then it could be another 2 months before I get AF. Wondering if I need to up the dosage. Any thoughts?

BrassicaBabe Fri 26-Nov-10 14:46:04

What does doc say? Blood tests taken on about day 21/22 confirm whether ov is likely to have taken place.

MissFlick Fri 26-Nov-10 14:57:42

Hi twolittlemonkeys,

Did you have any monitoring scans when during this cycle or a progesterone test to see whether you have ovulated?Did you have a trigger shot to induce your ovulation? Sorry for so many questions, I'm on Clomid myself and know that having these things have helped me to understand what's going on on the inside! It might just be that you ovulated later than you thought?

twolittlemonkeys Fri 26-Nov-10 19:27:13

I haven't had blood tests, on previous cycle I was monitored via scans but not this cycle. My fertility nurse only works Tues and Thurs so not great for getting an accurate picture, particularly if I forget to ring on a day she's in. No trigger shot - previously just the Clomid was enough to make me OV, but last time round (admittedly 5 years ago) AF came around CD 29/30 if it hadn't worked. Maybe I did OV later than CD15ish, I thought as I took Clomid CDs2-6, it would make OV happen at a fairly standard mid-cycle point ie CD14-15 as before.

I guess I need to ring the fertility nurse on Tues (if I remember!) to see what's going on. confused

blueberryboybait Fri 26-Nov-10 19:33:05

Clomid occasionally made my cycle longer so 1 cycles it was 28/29 days the next was 35 then next was back to normal. Regardless of when your nurse works you should still have been monitored with a blood test or scan.. If no scan as available a routine day 21 at the surgery should have been done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now