Talk

Advanced search

Grapefruit juice

(11 Posts)
nannyl Thu 25-Nov-10 17:33:02

they say its good to drink grapefruit juice before ovulation when TTC, but does anyone know hiw much grapefruit juice?

Is 1 glass a day enough? or maybe 2 or 3?

if anyone knows the answer if id love to know! smile

thanks

kat2504 Thu 25-Nov-10 18:28:02

I had at least one, somedays 2 glasses earlier this month. Unfortunately did not notice any real difference. Perhaps it takes a couple of months to take effect.

nannyl Sun 28-Nov-10 08:48:04

bump in case anyone knows smile

PeevedEve Sun 28-Nov-10 15:09:08

I've been drinking grapefruit juice (non concentrate from the chill cabinet) for 3 months and it has made a difference for me. It has been most effective when I started every day as soon as AF finished. I drank the best part of a litre a day (at least 3 or 4 glasses). Hope it works for you

StreathamRanger Sun 28-Nov-10 17:07:15

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the grapefruit juice supposed to be good for?

nannyl Sun 28-Nov-10 17:29:14

making good EWCM for sperm to survive in and swim through smile

wow a litre a day shock better add some more to my next shopping delivery!

mrsgordonfreeman Sun 28-Nov-10 21:36:17

You always want to feel you're doing something constructive when ttc, it's all happening (or not) in the dark.

However, I know it's rubbish, sometimes it's pineapple, sometimes grapefruit.

I do know that you'd have to drink gallons for it to make any difference.

I think a more useful thing to do, and you want to do something, is a bit of regular exercise.

nannyl Sun 28-Nov-10 21:42:53

pineapple is for the 2nd half of your cycle to help with implantation wink

mrsgordonfreeman Mon 29-Nov-10 11:50:13

Yes, or you shouldn't drink it because it brings on AF. Or not.

Anyway, point is that you'd have to drink enormous amounts for it to have any effect, if indeed the mystery ingredient actually works as described.

Believe me, I have been there and looked for evidence and found none.

Put your trust in something more evidence based, like exercise, and good luck.

PeevedEve Mon 29-Nov-10 12:29:43

It would do no harm to try it for a month or two and come to your own conclusions. I do regular exercise and have never really had much EWCM. I drink plenty of water also so I'm not dehydrated. I had heard about drinking grapefruit juice but didn't try it for 6 months or so because I didn't think it sounded very plausible. However, when I did try it, it did make a difference for me. It's not terribly expensive (despite drinking several glasses a day from end of AF to OV!) and you can often get it on 3 for 2 offers in any major supermarket. Whether you try it or not is up to you of course, and I know it doesn't work for everyone, but all I can say is that it did work for me.

MrsSatsuma Mon 29-Nov-10 12:36:13

Whatever the outcome, having more vitamins in your diet can't be a bad thing I suppose! Now all we need is for someone to come up with evidence that eating chocolate can help...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now