Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

TTC#3 Doctors?

(4 Posts)
sunchild77 Tue 23-Nov-10 17:40:23

Forgive me for a self indulgent post. Ok so Im TTC#3 and its taking a wee while, Have always got preggo super quickly previously. Am 33.

So my question is kind of hypothetical, if I go visit the Dr will they do/test for anything? I mean, I have 2 DCs already, I know Im never gonna get IVF or anything without paying for it.

I know Im lucky with my DCs already, and in the grand scheme of things I know its not that long that we've been trying but I had a m/c in July To me, that makes my urge feel all the worse. Im devestated every month when I get my period. Im having some trouble with charting etc, but I think I know when I ovulate etc, and I just cant understand why its not happening sooner. We are having lots of sex at the best time ( I think)

Please no one tell me to relax etc, Cos I cant seem to do that about this. Its all consuming.

GetDownYouWillFall Tue 23-Nov-10 17:55:23

When you say a while, how long are we talking?

If it's a year or more then yes you could go and talk about it with the Dr. The fact you have 2 other DC though, is good news as it shows there isn't blockage in your tubes etc. They should also test your man.

How do you mean you've had some trouble with charting? I've been charting about a year and find it really really helpful for understanding my cycle. I would try and persevere with it if you can. Also look out for egg white cervical mucus as that shows ovulation is approaching.

Many of us on here use Fertility Friend it's a great free website that has loads of really helpful advice and enables you to record your chart readings and fertility signs.

Don't despair, I'm sure it will happen. I'm not going to tell you to relax as I know how frustrating, and disappointing this whole TTC can be. I had a MC last cycle too and it sucks to know that you were pregnant, and now you're not sad I'm sure you will get there though, and hopefully, so will I!

sunchild77 Tue 23-Nov-10 18:09:53

Thanks getdown well I had my coil out in february, got pregnant quickly in may, m/c in July and I guess I just thought Id be there by now. <misguided>

I got pregnant super quickly before, I can't help but worry that there is something wrong. Have had 2 emergency c/s and am paranoid that is why its not happening. Periods are super short and have been since m/c ie 23 day cycle. Im not sure if this is a factor too?

Maybe I should persevere with the charting, just find it difficult as often Im up in the night etc.

Urgh, just really didnt anticipate this.

GetDownYouWillFall Tue 23-Nov-10 18:45:19

Maybe you have a short Luteal Phase (this is the phase from the day you ovulate to when AF starts).

If your luteal phase is less than 10 days it could prevent a fertilised egg from implanting in the womb before the bleed starts.

Charting would be able to tell you your luteal phase, but I understand the difficulties re. being up in the night. I have a 2 year old. I find though, that even though your charts may not be perfect, you can still get enough useful information from them, even if you have quite a few wonky temps.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: