Talk

Advanced search

Any one have ovulation pains?

(13 Posts)
brokeoven Sat 20-Nov-10 15:17:45

Can you describe them to me please?

GetDownYouWillFall Sat 20-Nov-10 15:28:26

Usually a low down cramping kind of feeling on one side. Can also feel quite sharp sometimes too.

Ilovekittyelise Sat 20-Nov-10 20:28:11

mine just feels a bit like a menstrual cramp usually, although sometimes i can feel a kind of stretching when its my right ovary!

nannyl Sat 20-Nov-10 20:40:26

i have never felt anything

am ovualting about now (according to OPK done an hour or so ago) and def cant feel anything at all!

FreudianSlimmery Sat 20-Nov-10 20:44:12

Yes, I can usually tell which side is ovulating as I get a sharp pain on my knickerline either on the right or left. Only had that for the last few years though, I think since having first baby.

IfAtFirstUDontSucceed Sun 21-Nov-10 14:44:34

I never thought that I got OV pains, until recently. I usually get very mild AF type pains for a day or so, followed by a very sharp pain on one side which last only a few mins - occasionally I have actually yelped in shock!

brokeoven Sun 21-Nov-10 14:52:10

Do you think that if a person gets very painful pains and feelings that require a painkiller in order to continue normal life, there is something very wrong?
Every single month.

cant sit down some days.
Always mid cycle, always same feelings.

worried.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 21-Nov-10 15:31:52

"Do you think that if a person gets very painful pains and feelings that require a painkiller in order to continue normal life, there is something very wrong?
Every single month.
cant sit down some days.
Always mid cycle, always same feelings".

Hi,

Mid cycle pains if cyclical and as painful as you describe could well be attributed to endometriosis so you should seek medical advice asap from a gynae. It is the second most common gynae problem seen in women after fibroids yet it is very much underdiagnosed. Problem with endo as well is that it is usually only diagnosed through a keyhole surgery op called a laparoscopy.

Are your periods very painful as well?. If they are this is yet another reason to seek medical advice sooner rather than later.

Honeydragon Sun 21-Nov-10 15:34:52

Wow sometimes my midmonth pain is wosr than my period pain .... but not like you describe sad, I'd second a visit to the gp op.

alemci Sun 21-Nov-10 15:39:02

i think i do as well.

chipmonkey Sun 21-Nov-10 16:21:44

I have always had a dull achey pain in either ovary midcycle for about 3 days which seems to end when I ovulate. It gets sharper and sharper until I ovulate and after that it is immediately better.

Agree that it can be undiagnosed. I was told by my GP that it was a bowel problem and blamed lack of fibre and I think I was in my late thirties when I finally realise what it was!blush

Not sure about anything being wrong. I have had four children so can't have been too much wrong!

rabbit54 Mon 22-Nov-10 20:50:51

the pain is enough to fill my mind and for me to really really want to sit down what ever i am doing

suwoo Mon 22-Nov-10 21:02:39

I had pains last month for the first time ever. It was very strange, like Braxton Hicks, but on one side (my left) low down. It felt like very earl movements, like 12 weeks bubbles.

It was noticeable enough to stop me doing stuff and was very distracting. I donk think its endometriosis(sp) as I see my gynae 6 monthly for another issue and it would probably have been discovered. I have very light periods and am super fertile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now