Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

TMI - strange smell....help!

(3 Posts)
Lettie70 Sat 20-Nov-10 10:48:00

Sorry don't read this over breaky but it is rather embarrassing question. My DH and I are ttc. I have noticed for years that his penis has a fishy odour even before we have sex. I have mentioned it to him before but I think I embarrassed him! as we are now having unprotected sex for the first time, I find that it makes me smell in the morning, so I have to have a really good wash to get rid of it but s.times there it can faintly linger throughout the day. If we don't have sex, there is no odour on me, so I don't think I have a bacterial infection. Does this sound like he has an infection though or if he doesn't shower after a day at the office, would this cause the smell?? Some times I have noticed there is no smell on him but to be honest, it's not that often! any ideas??

Magen Sat 20-Nov-10 13:57:31

If its been going on for years I wouldn't think it was an infection. Maybe it is his pheromones or something in his diet. Maybe you could start trying to BD just after he showers.

GetDownYouWillFall Sat 20-Nov-10 15:33:43

I think semen can smell a little bit fishy if it hangs around blush

Yes to showers, but don't let him have baths or his swimmers will get too hot!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: