Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Confused

(9 Posts)
Ilovemarmite79 Thu 18-Nov-10 19:49:21

I have been using ovulation tests and had a positive on the 2nd (day 13). I had stomach cramps on the 11th (9dpo) I did a hpt on the 13th (11dpo) and got a BFN. I was due on on the 16th. I am regular as clockwork. I have still had no AF. I have no cervical mucus. I did a test today and got another BFN. What's going on?

CMD83 Thu 18-Nov-10 19:52:43

You ovulation abot 1 to 2 days afte you get a positive on the OPK. So you may have ovulated later than you think. Wait a few days as the HCG doubles every 2 days and test again. Did you use the same brand each time? I had faint positives on some but ngitives on others. Good luck and I hope you get the answer you want.

Ilovemarmite79 Thu 18-Nov-10 19:56:05

I did a tesco ones and a first response. Maybe you're right - maybe I'm just late.

LittleYellowTeapot Fri 19-Nov-10 07:32:19

Any news for you Marmite?

Ilovemarmite79 Fri 19-Nov-10 07:37:52

Still no AF and still no BFP :-(
I have read that the luteal phase does not change. So if ovulated on the 2nd or 3rd then AF would be due 16th/17th. (Based on my normal cyclea)If my luteal phase is as long 16days then I guess AF could come today. I still have no cervical mucus, not tears and tantrums and no bad stomach cramps -all normal PMT signs for me. Just have tender boobs.

If no AF and still no BFP how long do you reckon I should leave it before going to the doctors?

LittleYellowTeapot Fri 19-Nov-10 07:42:45

I don't know.
I think another week or so if still no BFP.
Could you have ovulated later than you think? Maybe it's just too early for the HPT. Or maybe it's just a long cycle sad
I'm in the same boat although I feel like I do know I'm not pg.

Ilovemarmite79 Fri 19-Nov-10 07:45:14

I was using ovulation predictors and got a positive on the morning of the 2nd so there's a chance it was as late as the 4th so (long) luteal phase of 16 (normally 14) would take me to the 20th - Saturday. Normally regular as clockwork though! Trying to wait till Sunday to do another test

LittleYellowTeapot Fri 19-Nov-10 07:46:40

Me too grin
Good luck Marmite

Ilovemarmite79 Fri 19-Nov-10 07:49:16

:-D

Good luck

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: