Talk

Advanced search

Confused

(9 Posts)
Ilovemarmite79 Thu 18-Nov-10 19:49:21

I have been using ovulation tests and had a positive on the 2nd (day 13). I had stomach cramps on the 11th (9dpo) I did a hpt on the 13th (11dpo) and got a BFN. I was due on on the 16th. I am regular as clockwork. I have still had no AF. I have no cervical mucus. I did a test today and got another BFN. What's going on?

CMD83 Thu 18-Nov-10 19:52:43

You ovulation abot 1 to 2 days afte you get a positive on the OPK. So you may have ovulated later than you think. Wait a few days as the HCG doubles every 2 days and test again. Did you use the same brand each time? I had faint positives on some but ngitives on others. Good luck and I hope you get the answer you want.

Ilovemarmite79 Thu 18-Nov-10 19:56:05

I did a tesco ones and a first response. Maybe you're right - maybe I'm just late.

LittleYellowTeapot Fri 19-Nov-10 07:32:19

Any news for you Marmite?

Ilovemarmite79 Fri 19-Nov-10 07:37:52

Still no AF and still no BFP :-(
I have read that the luteal phase does not change. So if ovulated on the 2nd or 3rd then AF would be due 16th/17th. (Based on my normal cyclea)If my luteal phase is as long 16days then I guess AF could come today. I still have no cervical mucus, not tears and tantrums and no bad stomach cramps -all normal PMT signs for me. Just have tender boobs.

If no AF and still no BFP how long do you reckon I should leave it before going to the doctors?

LittleYellowTeapot Fri 19-Nov-10 07:42:45

I don't know.
I think another week or so if still no BFP.
Could you have ovulated later than you think? Maybe it's just too early for the HPT. Or maybe it's just a long cycle sad
I'm in the same boat although I feel like I do know I'm not pg.

Ilovemarmite79 Fri 19-Nov-10 07:45:14

I was using ovulation predictors and got a positive on the morning of the 2nd so there's a chance it was as late as the 4th so (long) luteal phase of 16 (normally 14) would take me to the 20th - Saturday. Normally regular as clockwork though! Trying to wait till Sunday to do another test

LittleYellowTeapot Fri 19-Nov-10 07:46:40

Me too grin
Good luck Marmite

Ilovemarmite79 Fri 19-Nov-10 07:49:16

:-D

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now