Talk

Advanced search

What's the biggest gap you'd have between number 1 and 2 before saying it's too late now?

(5 Posts)
nappyaddict Wed 17-Nov-10 03:36:08

I think mine is about 13 years. I wouldn't want to have a newborn baby when the first one was doing important exams like GCSEs or A levels. And then they'd have left home and I'd think do I really want to start again now I've got my independence back?

lilmamma Wed 17-Nov-10 09:50:35

my first son was 10,before i had no2.I then had no3 when son no2 was 20months,so that was a small gap,and the 4 years later had no4..

I wouldnt really say any age gap is too late,its how you feel doing it all again after a biggish gap.

slowshow Wed 17-Nov-10 09:51:29

I always find it weird when people fret about age gaps! That's probably because I have only one sibling, ten and a half years younger than me. There is no normal or abnormal because each family is unique and no one knows any different.

If anything, I feel like I enjoyed the best of both worlds - I have a sibling (who, admittedly, I am much closer to now that we are both grown up) but I also enjoyed the benefits of being an only child for the first decade of my life.

TrillianAstra Wed 17-Nov-10 09:54:07

Well, you can theoretically have a child at say 13, and menopause is what, 50ish? So I guess that's 37 years.

KTDace Wed 17-Nov-10 10:40:49

I am one of those people who frets about the age gap, I wanted it to be 2 years but if I am lucky it would be more like 5. I think I am so obsessed about it because my DB is 2.5 years younger than me and we are close and I really want my DD to experience that. Also, have been TTC for 2.7 years so I guess trying for so long means you are more likely to become obsessed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now