Talk

Advanced search

How late is it possible to get BFNs?

(6 Posts)
Pippaandpolly Mon 15-Nov-10 20:50:55

My period is very late but I am getting BFNs still. My cycle does usually vary between 28 and 32 days but I'm well over that now - how long should I leave it before I ask for a blood test? I don't want the doctor to tell me I'm wasting his time and to come back in 3 months!

booreeve Mon 15-Nov-10 21:03:46

I had to wait about 8-9 days after AF was due (both pregnancies!)

Eskarina Tue 16-Nov-10 17:24:42

Do you know when you ovulated? I have a variable cycle, but still 29-35 days. Last month I got to 42 days until AF showed up, but I ovulated late so AF still came 16 days after ovulation as usual.

Fingers crossed for you though

Pippaandpolly Tue 16-Nov-10 19:07:15

I haven't been charting so I don't know about ovulation...if it doesn't happen this time I'm going to start.

Booreeve that gives me hope!

OrangeToeNails Tue 16-Nov-10 19:10:20

About 10 days late for me

galwaygal Wed 17-Nov-10 17:02:10

Your GP will probrably not do anything until you have missed another af. Since it is fairly common for women to have a one-off annovulatory cycle.

In answer to your question about how late a bfn, some women never get a positive test (some women even the blood tests never show proper increase in hcg). But it is not common for this to happen.

Hope that you get a positive test soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now