Talk

Advanced search

White slimy discharge straight after period

(5 Posts)
JennyJW Sat 13-Nov-10 16:36:03

Hi. I wasn't sure where to post this. I'm not trying to conceive but wanted to now if anyone here has any ideas. My period finished on Thursday and today Saturday I had a white slimy discharge with a bit of period cramp. My cycle is normaly 28 days. I've had this a lot before but normally a bit later after my period.Is this normal? Thanks.

GetDownYouWillFall Sat 13-Nov-10 16:47:55

Forgive me, but is it smelly at all?

You may have an infection, could be worth a trip to the GP.

Eurostar Sat 13-Nov-10 16:50:03

If it's a raw egg white consistency, that happens around ovulation, and ovulation can cause cramps, could be you are ovulating earlier this month? Do go for a full sexual health check up though, just in case.

JennyJW Sat 13-Nov-10 17:25:54

No not smelly and I recently had a smear test which was fine.

Eurostar Sun 14-Nov-10 18:22:25

A smear test is not an STD test

Probably just normal consistency for time around ovulation.

Picked this description up from a website:
Right after a period most women produce little vaginal discharge. A few days later a sticky or tacky discharge is detected. Just before ovulation, however, cervical mucus changes in consistency and color. It becomes clear and slippery and has the consistency of egg whites. At this stage it should also be pretty stretchy. Women also have more discharge during ovulation. This secretion is to aid the sperm in its swim. Once ovulation is completed the mucus tends to become thicker and less tends to be secreted. Other factors, however, can influence vaginal secretions such as sexual excitement or infections.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now