Talk

Advanced search

Calling anyone from the old duffers thread.......

(19 Posts)
pacinofan Fri 19-Aug-05 15:26:22

For anyone who remembers me from this thread - we've got a BFP last week. Very nervous, but secretly thrilled. Sickness is just kicking in, which is a good thing so I'm told and feeling quite tired, other than that on cloud 9!

Early days still but wanted to share my news. Baby due end of April 05.

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Fri 19-Aug-05 21:50:35

fantastic news !!!!!!!!Really pleased for you

Charlee Fri 19-Aug-05 21:53:33

fab news good luck heres to a happy 9 months

aloha Fri 19-Aug-05 21:54:27

So pleased for you! Congratulations. How old are you anyway?

aloha Fri 19-Aug-05 21:54:47

Spring is the best time to have a baby IMO. Well done!

pacinofan Fri 19-Aug-05 22:10:45

Aw, thanks everyone. Aloha, I'm 38 and will be 2 months shy of 39 when baby arrives. Don't feel it though, although ask me in a few months time when I'm getting bigger and running around after dd! It's funny too, the pregnancy has had the effect of dh starting a regular exercise routine 'to get fit for when the baby comes' - he's even giving up alcohol for me so I don't miss my wine!

Have only told my parents and my bf this time around, and my friends here, of course. You may remember I miscarried Dec '04 and I had told ALL my family and friends. It was hell having to tell everyone the news. We have decided this time to wait until at least 12 weeks, maybe longer. We will be doing the same as we did when I had dd at 35, going to Barts Hospital in London for the 'Integrated' blood test at 12 and 16 weeks. Unfortunately, my local health authority only offer the double test still, which is not great if you are an 'older' mum wanting to make informed choices. Anyway, that's jumping ahead a bit, I keep having to remind myself to take things one step at a time.

Thanks again for all your well wishes,

DelGirl Fri 19-Aug-05 22:40:02

great news pacinofan

I'm an old duffer too and had my 1st dd in April. I was 39 2 months before. Sounds like you have a great dh. Enjoy your pregnancy. Hope the sickness doesn't last too long.

aloha Fri 19-Aug-05 22:41:14

That's great. You've got time for a couple more too!

DelGirl Fri 19-Aug-05 22:42:46

was that for pacinofan or me Aloha?

aloha Fri 19-Aug-05 22:44:53

Both of you
Had my first at 38, second at 41.

DelGirl Fri 19-Aug-05 22:46:19

lol. Hmmm, not sure I will be having any more but never say never!

aloha Fri 19-Aug-05 22:47:24

Aw, wait until she starts sleeping through....

DelGirl Fri 19-Aug-05 22:51:15

she has done since she was 11 weeks . No, I may have a little trouble conceiving another, since I have no partner. DD conceived through treatment with late DH's wotsaname

aloha Fri 19-Aug-05 22:52:31

Oh, so sorry - tactless of me. It's just you sound such a lovely natural mother - with a perfect, textbook child, by the sound of it.

DelGirl Fri 19-Aug-05 22:57:11

no worries Aloha, I dont expect everyone to know my history. She is pretty textbook it would seem (fingers crossed) after a very shaky start with the old bf. Do you think it has something to do with being an old duffer??!!

Sorry pacinofan, dont mean to hijack

mumxfour Fri 19-Aug-05 22:58:28

I am new to your thread but congratulations and good luck

aloha Fri 19-Aug-05 22:58:30

Old duffers are wonderful mothers, of course

Littlestarsweeper Fri 19-Aug-05 23:51:23

Well done, still life in the old dog yet eh? eh herm, im an older duffer than you bye the way. yesterday saw me 44th year on this planet. OMG!

edgetop Sat 20-Aug-05 13:54:51

hi i,m 44 now i was 39 when i had my ds i think they keep you young its nice to know there are older mums on here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now