Talk

Advanced search

Our Year Four children would like to thank Mumsnet, Konnie Huq and Fairy for a lovely afternoon!

(11 Posts)
RustyBear Sat 24-Apr-10 18:18:00

When Mumsnet ran a competition with Fairy and asked for examples of craft stuff we'd made with the Fairy Liquid bottles, I sent in a photo of one of the monsters made by the Year 3 children last year at the school where I work.

Having received a year's supply of Fairy liquid, I thought no more about it, until just before the end of last term, I received an email from AnnMumsnet, saying that Fairy would like to bring Konnie Huq to our school to do a craft session with the children!

Well, it happened last Thursday - Konnie arrived after lunch with masses of bottles, socks, felt and glue, and Class 4E had a wonderful afternoon turning them into a whole warren full of bunnies.

Afterwards, Konnie talked to the children about her ten years on Blue Peter and answered their questions - we learned a lot about sharks: did you know that if you turn them on their backs they go into a trance?

They all enjoyed the afternoon immensely, and we have been left with a vast store of Fairy bottles to make more stuff with. (I also got a lot more Fairy liquid - I now have about 3 years' supply!)

So a big thank you to Mumsnet, Konnie and Fairy, especially James Ward who organised it all.

There are some pictures here of Konnie and the bunnies. (I took a lot more, but these are the ones where the children are not identifiable)

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 24-Apr-10 18:21:33

Sounds like a brilliant day.

Did she ahve one that she made earlier? grin

Tellhimhesdreaming Sat 24-Apr-10 18:24:54

Aww bless. And you sound like a wonderful teacher for getting the children involved and organising it all to start with.

RustyBear Sat 24-Apr-10 18:25:35

Yes, she did - but she told us that she never actually said that!

Apparently she always deliberately changed it, so she'd say something like "Here's an example of one I made before lunch" or 'yesterday'

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 24-Apr-10 20:01:30

Glad you and the children had fun - I saw James on friday and he said how much he'd enjoyed it too!

SuSylvester Sat 24-Apr-10 20:02:37

was she lovely?

ELCSadvice Sat 24-Apr-10 20:03:44

Oh I love Konnie!

RustyBear Sat 24-Apr-10 20:14:58

Yes, she is lovely - very pretty and she is really tiny envy
She was great with the children, especially in the question & answer session - they loved her description of how she went swimming with sharks, not in a cage but in a chain mail suit! And she described how when they were tagging sharks & put them on their backs to put them in a trance, she was stroking its tummy & suddenly realised her fingers were bleeding because its skin was like sandpaper.

RustyBear Sun 25-Apr-10 13:51:24

By the way, tellhimhesdreaming, I'm not actually their teacher, I just work at the school and happened to be the one who takes all the photos of the children's work, so I had the photo handy when I was Mumsnetting at work

Tellhimhesdreaming Tue 27-Apr-10 09:09:26

Well taking photos is hard work to me so you are still wonderful grin

RustyBear Tue 27-Apr-10 20:09:19

Thank you!grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »